Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USSOCOM Takes Delivery of new Sig Sauer MG 338 Machine Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What else besides the M17/M18 has Sig won recently? I must have missed a few. The sole-source ammo supply thing seems to be because they've worked out a good partnership with Winchester to help supplement their own ammo production. Not a terrible idea for either party to team up like this, and it seems to be working.

This doesn't seem nearly as sketch as when HK was winning every competition they entered for several years, including the ones where they had to change the requirements in order to even let them take part.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    What else besides the M17/M18 has Sig won recently? I must have missed a few. The sole-source ammo supply thing seems to be because they've worked out a good partnership with Winchester to help supplement their own ammo production. Not a terrible idea for either party to team up like this, and it seems to be working.

This doesn't seem nearly as sketch as when HK was winning every competition they entered for several years, including the ones where they had to change the requirements in order to even let them take part.
    Pretty much everything. Go to SSD and type Sig in the search bar, it’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Pretty much everything. Go to SSD and type Sig in the search bar, it’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just did, at least for the last year. Most of them seem to be P320/M17/M18 related adoptions, hardly surprising follow ons from the Army's selection. The rest are a mix of rifles, ammo, and optics. Most of the orders seem to be relatively small or for trials rather than full adoptions.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post

SURG
    M17
    M18
    MCX
    MPX
    Tango 6T
    Some cans
    .300 Win Mag sniper ammo

Some of these are DoD contracts meant for foreign sales (2022). They’re also balls deep in the NGSW and NGSAR programs with the .277 Super Overmatch Ultra-Magnum, but we don’t know where those programs will go yet. And of course, this .338 machinegun.

They’ve also been getting a lot of LE and foreign military contracts.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-19-20 at 09:24.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234