Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele To Introduce Super Precision Optics at SHOT

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I’m glad to see them not jump on the ffp 1-8+bandwagon. Personally I care more for 1x field of view and performance than I do with mag over 6x in a lpvo. Basically I’m hoping this delivers Razor 1-6 1x ... but I doubt it at that price point.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    At the price range of $1000 (without discount) I can see G is really trying to go after Sig Sauer who released their Tango 6 around the same price 1000-1300. Reviews will tell how good it is, but for sub $900 or less with a discount this could be a great value.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Likely targeting LEOs with this as an option to the Razor / Tango 6.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm always willing to add another LGBTQVO optic to any of my 6.5 prius guns!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Does this have a microprocessor with the ability to push MV, BC, Bullet Weight, etc. for auto configuring a BDC via Bluetooth?

Feedback Score
    Is Japan definitely country of origin? I didn't see it stated anywhere.

While more of the same, if MSRP is $975 and it is comparable to the razor quality glass wise, I can see them selling a good bit of these if vendors pick these up and they sell under $900

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a bit concerning - from the Geissele website: "Being a Second Focal Plane, the DMRR-1 reticle will maintain its size through the scope’s zoom levels."

I understand what they are saying, but to people unfamiliar with First Focal Plane (FFP)/SFP differences, this is unintentionally misleading at best.

While the reticle will maintain its size relative to the field of view the values (in MILs) will differ in size (eg: at 6x 1 MIL will equal 1 MIL, but at 3x the value on the reticle will double, if ranging magnification is calibrated at 6x) relative to magnification. This is partly the reason why FFP exists - to keep the ability to use a reticle to range and engage targets with the same angular unit of measurement (MILs in this case) at any magnification value. Am I the only one who read this sentence and had a minor WTF moment?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    60 mils of elevation travel in case you want to use your 300BLK as a mortar.
    I chuckled at this one... so how many turns of the turret does that equate to MOA?

Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Trying to do too much too fast is a recipe for failure that has taken down many a good company.
    Mack7.62, I agree with you, and I'm sure that others with more business experience than I share the sentiment, but I also think (as others have mentioned previously on this thread) that a failure to "innovate in the marketplace" (blatant consultant/startup speak) has equally damaged established companies.

Personally, I'd like to think that Geissele as a company has enough experience to avoid both of these business pitfalls and strike a balance. In reality though, I'm scratching my head as to why they got into the optics game, especially as the 1-6x optic market is pretty saturated with players such as Khales, Vortex, and Nightforce.

I wish them the best of luck with their new product, and hope that it meets or exceeds customers' high expectations of what the Geissele brand name represents.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Is Japan definitely country of origin?
    No but it was my assumption at the price point. Could also be the PI if they expect it to sell at significantly less than MSRP (ala a Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Does this have a microprocessor with the ability to push MV, BC, Bullet Weight, etc. for auto configuring a BDC via Bluetooth?
    Stop asking for things that should legitimately exist in 2020 and buy some precision Covfefe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Ask SIG, they are trying to do that with flashy lights on their BDX lineup.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/bdx.html

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast