Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Geissele To Introduce Super Precision Optics at SHOT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I mean let’s be real the future is a RDS with BDC adjustable turrets. LPVOs can gtfo
    Not going to lie, the moment I saw this was Aimpoints big Shot Show talking piece, I wanted to rage quit and flip furniture in my house like a drunken redneck in a trailer park.

Seriously, all they had to do was release an ACRO with decent battery life. That was all that was expected of them.

YOU.HAD.ONE.JOB.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Not going to lie, the moment I saw this was Aimpoints big Shot Show talking piece, I wanted to rage quit and flip furniture in my house like a drunken redneck in a trailer park.

Seriously, all they had to do was release an ACRO with decent battery life. That was all that was expected of them.

YOU.HAD.ONE.JOB.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Dude... I empathize with your rage.

I feel zero qualms now about planning to pick up on of the new closed emitter holosuns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    My wish has been granted.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The reticles going to have a flicker rate that makes you buy more geissele shit

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I mean let’s be real the future is a RDS with BDC adjustable turrets. LPVOs can gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought this was a joke until I just now googled it. Good lord aimpoint, how the mighty have fallen. Holosun, I can't believe I am saying this, but take my money.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I haven't seen much reporting on this scope, but did find this:

https://firearmrack.com/geissele-sup...hot-show-2020/

Highlights:
    -made in Japan by LOW
    -illumination not as bright as some
    -"good glass" (the reviewer doesn't sound like an expert, after saying that SFP means your reticle size will change - only true in relation to the target apparent size, not in the way most people think about things)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Hopefully it has 1/10 Mil adjustments so you can be precise with your dope.
    Not to drift this into an Aimpoint thread but what the heck is this? I'm going to range to target with my 2 moa dot and then dial in the appropriate dope? Not sure what Aimpoint is trying to do with this one. Especially not with an MSRP of $1100.

Aimpoint needs to make an actual scope. Put in their daylight bright illumination and battery life and they will have a winner.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Not to drift this into an Aimpoint thread but what the heck is this? .... Aimpoint needs to make an actual scope. Put in their daylight bright illumination and battery life and they will have a winner.
    Fat lady hasn't sung yet, but Aimpoint is looking like the textbook example of a company that dominated one product but failed to recognize obsolescence and develop something new to keep market share. Glock is in danger of going there too. I thought it was odd several years ago when EOTech came out with fairly conventional scopes made by LOW, but at least they are trying to stay relevant.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I thought it was odd several years ago when EOTech came out with fairly conventional scopes made by LOW, but at least they are trying to stay relevant.
    The EO Tech scopes (at least the one I messed with) use the reticle EO Tech is known for.

I agree with the potential to get so entrenched in one market as to get left in the dust by other companies. Aimpoint could likely figure something out easily enough. Either take their red dot technology and apply it to a line of scopes or take the existing red dot and add some new reticles to it. Maybe a couple additonal dots or hash marks that can be used for ranging and holdover or something similar.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The EO Tech scopes (at least the one I messed with) use the reticle EO Tech is known for.
    The 1-6x does, the higher magnification 2.5-10x, 3.5-18x and 5-25x do not. They could easily have come from any other company in the market. Quite decent scopes though.

I agree with the potential to get so entrenched in one market as to get left in the dust by other companies. Aimpoint could likely figure something out easily enough. Either take their red dot technology and apply it to a line of scopes or take the existing red dot and add some new reticles to it. Maybe a couple additonal dots or hash marks that can be used for ranging and holdover or something similar.
    Kinda like what EOTech introduced 15-20 years ago and what you can get on some cheapie RDS? Not aiming very high.

The Meprolight sight at top of this page is interesting but also doesn't aim very high. IMHO the future is computer-integrated sights with, at minimum, a rangefinder and automatic BDC. Something that could identify targets, or at least circle objects that are moving relative to the background, and compute lead on moving targets would be nice too. This may sound sci-fi but the technology is all there, it's just a matter of integration, packaging, and pricing. Burris has had crude versions of the rangefinder-BDC concept for years now, and Barrett has the much higher end BORS system.

35mm film camera technology reached a really high mark in the late 1990's then stagnated, while digital cameras were either very crude (consumer) or impossibly expensive (pro grade, $20k and up when cars cost less than that). Now 35mm is largely an antique collecting dust, and digital cameras are so good, small, and cheap that a lot of phones have cameras that can be used for less demanding professional work. I expect the weapon optics field to make this kind of change in the next decade. I think the current state is about where digital cameras were in 2004.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast