Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRG Manufacturing?

Feedback Score

DRG Manufacturing?

You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    That was a cool video.
    You could probably spend years digging into the weeds of each step - brings the whole thing into perspective.

Also- good example to show how same factory =/= same specs/quality.

Feedback Score
    Anybody know who DRG manufactures for?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    That 9mm receiver looked like a spikes or sharp brothers with the skull look. He said there where some clues in the vid that is all i saw when watched on my phone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not clicking on a video, though GNG is one of the guys that I probably would watch if I did watch gun vids. Does anyone want to give a summary or point to the video or why its dropped as its own thread with no text and no explanation?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm not clicking on a video, though GNG is one of the guys that I probably would watch if I did watch gun vids. Does anyone want to give a summary or point to the video or why its dropped as its own thread with no text and no explanation?
    Mrgunandgear gives a tour of the manufacturing facility as they manufacturing AR parts. He shows and talks you through some of the processes.
    Why don’t you watch it?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You would probably be able to get ICBM launch codes before answering that question.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It is a pretty in depth video showing various parts being manufactured from raw materials basically.

The company buys Carpenter 158 steel in rods and has automated machines that make the bolts, carriers, etc. They also make receivers, barrels, gas blocks, etc. Shows QA/QC steps, heat treating etc as well

Seems like a pretty decent size operation with some high dollar equipment
    Last edited by everready73; 01-17-20 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That video was great. Having a little more insight, especially visual wise, gives me greater appreciation of all the details that go into the manufacturing of firearms. The different machines/robotics cranking out parts was cool. With the hi-tech manufacturing process putting out more parts in a given time period, thereby lowering cost per unit, could enable the final cost to be lower and therefore the final firearm cost to be lower. That would be cool. Thanks Mrgunsngear.
    Oh yeah, when Mike was describing the processes of heat treatment, quenching, and stress relieving, I was nodding in agreement and saying "Sure, I get that. Of course." Truthfully, I didn't have a friggin' clue!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I looked them up, here is their website:

https://www.drgmanufacturing.com/

Here is an article about them in a machining industry magazine/newsletter:

https://www.productionmachining.com/...e-rapid-growth

Turning Machines Help Firearms Supplier Achieve Rapid Growth

Subtitle: Working closely with its machine tool supplier, this firearms manufacturer has quickly expanded its lineup of turning machines to deliver quality products and faster delivery.
    Machines and Personnel

When a shop is created to serve a specific market, it can focus on this core competency from the start, encouraging all efforts to strive for the main goal. This shop in Lake Zurich, Illinois, did just that, opening its doors only a few years ago with the sole objective of becoming a full firearms manufacturer.

DRG Manufacturing began its operations in 2016 with only five employees working a single shift. In only a few short years, the company has grown to 38 employees running two manned shifts, along with a third shift of automated cells and lathes with bar feeders running unattended.

According to Dave Rybacki, company owner (or head janitor if you go by what his business card says), what helped the company quickly establish itself in the firearms market was being able to work from scratch in equipping the shop floor. “We weren’t a job shop with 50 machines on the floor that suddenly decided to go make firearms components,” he says. It’s not always a smooth transition to repurpose existing machines to make these parts competitively. Instead, from the company’s early days, it was able to buy what it felt were the best machines for the parts, incorporating the newest technology into the field........

(LEFT DETAILS ABOUT MACHINES OUT)

......DRG continues to grow, and Mr. Rybacki says some exciting changes are soon to come. He says by the end of 2019, the company will be a total solutions provider for the AR-10 and AR-15 platforms. “As a manufacturer for OEMs, the only thing we won’t make in house will be triggers, springs and plastics,” he says. Each month the company manufactures 20,000 bolts; 15,000 carriers; 10,000 gas keys; and 2,000 lowers and uppers from billet. It also has the capability to run as many as 4,000 handguards per month. “Many of our customers are narrowing their vendor lists and have been asking us for more capacity on certain items. We are earning their business because we pride ourselves on our delivery. We’ll happily keep things in stock and put more inventory on the floor than most companies,” Mr. Rybacki says.

The company has been on a rapid growth path since opening, more than doubling gross revenue each year. Mr. Rybacki says he will likely be adding more machines soon, continuing the company’s expansion. For this firearms supplier, business is booming!

Then a little more searching found this, apparently they have a retail arm:

https://www.whitelabelarmory.com/about-us/

White Label Armory

White Label Armory is your source for high quality, American made, firearm OE style firearm components. We pride ourselves on superior quality, prompt shipping, and fair prices.

Manufacturer Direct Pricing

White Label Armory is a small part of DRG Manufacturing. WLA is the portal for dealers and small manufacturers to gain access to the larger OE manufacturing capabilities of DRG. Through White Label Armory, you won’t have to purchase several thousand pieces at a time to get great pricing, you can order as few or as many as you need.

DRG Manufacturing

DRG Manufacturing is a total solutions manufacturing facility with a core focus on the firearms industry. We feature the latest technologies in automated and robot-assisted CNC manufacturing on our large collection of double and triple turret lathes, horizontal, vertical, and 5 axis machining centers. We have fully automated high precision gun drilling and rifling capability in-house. Multiple CMMs and vision inspection systems, as well as a robust QC process, ensure that your parts match print and exceed expectations.

And I looked at a 'glassdoor' employee review, which wasn't complementary:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/W...8327.11,28.htm

"Quality Manager"

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Lake Zurich, IL
    Doesn't Recommend
    Positive Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

I worked at DRG Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good place for one in the beginning of their career and wanting to learn the basics of manufacturing in a machining environment.

Cons

- Poor Management, owner micromanages with no organizational or people skills.
    - Unethical business practices.
    - Low pay for floor workers.
    - Lack of benefits.
    - Low morale due to lack of integrity and respect.
    - Lack of professionalism from leadership.

Advice to Management

The owner/owners family need to step aside from day to day operations and bring in people to run the company. The lack of experience/ability in organizing a manufacturing environment reduces the ability to maintain a profitable business. Develop integrity and sound business ethics which will insure the stability of the company and avoid negative publicity which could affect the entire industry.

Like FOX NEWS, I report, you be the judge.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast