Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRG Manufacturing?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    It is a pretty in depth video showing various parts being manufactured from raw materials basically.

The company buys Carpenter 158 steel in rods and has automated machines that make the bolts, carriers, etc. They also make receivers, barrels, gas blocks, etc. Shows QA/QC steps, heat treating etc as well

Seems like a pretty decent size operation with some high dollar equipment
    I'll disagree. Looks to me like the machinery is dedicated to making specific AR components and NOT capable of making anything else. DRG appears to be on the deck of a ship with a hole in the bottom of it. Not sure why Mrgunsngear bothered to make the video. It doesn't offer much other than him standing there doing a video with an occasional oh, um comment about nothing that matters. I used to respect Mrgunsngear but not so much after this video. Maybe he is on DRG's payroll.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'll disagree. Looks to me like the machinery is dedicated to making specific AR components and NOT capable of making anything else. DRG appears to be on the deck of a ship with a hole in the bottom of it.
    That was one of the things that the owner mentioned as a positive in the article I linked and snipped - what helped the company quickly establish itself in the firearms market was being able to work from scratch in equipping the shop floor. “We weren’t a job shop with 50 machines on the floor that suddenly decided to go make firearms components,” he says.

They were established in 2016, so before the market got soft?

Hopefully, if things get worse they would be able to repurpose the machines.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Machine Shop-101 hit the prints. No matter old school or as here new (saw newer NT 3-turret 6k spindles, Fanuc machining centers robodrills, one swiss screw? hell, they're not using Haas which would be lightweight) they'll do just fine making anything in that envelope with whatever prints a customer sends and whatever part. That shop should make it if they quit firearm components - competent w okay machinery to pickup something as long as they produce to print.
    Last edited by rrrgcy; 02-08-20 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'm all for anything that allows people to see that manufacturing goes beyond dimensional specifications. The most interesting part was the conversation with the heat treater's metallurgist/quality manager. People now knowing the "correct" materials they should be looking for in the spec sheet is only half the battle. Without knowing the mechanical properties, how to achieve and verify them you only know enough to be dangerous. You're not getting a doc pack for that rando 9130 BGC and I don't think that a lot of "manufacturers" know what they don't know. Which is why I shy away from new comers and shops that don't have certified quality systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Deleted.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-12-20 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'll disagree. Looks to me like the machinery is dedicated to making specific AR components and NOT capable of making anything else. DRG appears to be on the deck of a ship with a hole in the bottom of it. Not sure why Mrgunsngear bothered to make the video. It doesn't offer much other than him standing there doing a video with an occasional oh, um comment about nothing that matters. I used to respect Mrgunsngear but not so much after this video. Maybe he is on DRG's payroll.
    I love getting out as much info as I can on topics that folks continually discuss online; often times without any actual info on it.

Either way, I offer a 100% money back guarantee on all of my videos

Feedback Score
    Very interesting video. I've had a White Label Armory BCG in my BDU shopping cart for a little while. Thanks to the video and this thread, I feel pretty confident pulling the trigger on that budget BCG. Thanks for the research 26 Inf, I was wondering about WLA, because of your investigating, I see they're (probably) produced at this fine factory. All this info just fell in my lap this morning after weeks of indecision about buying the BCG. Luck day. Thanks for the video MrGNG. Fascinating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12