Thread: Hear me out...HK45 w/ USP Elite/Expert Features

Feedback Score

Hear me out...HK45 w/ USP Elite/Expert Features

Since having purchased an HK45 early on in 2019 and having some trigger time with it, I got to thinking in regards to HK's line-up of their target pistols, specifically the USP Elite & Expert. While the HK45 does some amazing things with fully ambi controls, the trademark o-ring barrel lock-up, and of course the interchangeability of the trigger/safety mechanism to their different variations. But what if they made it better? You look at the VP9 and how they released the long-slide variation, what's stopping them (other than bankruptcy and nefarious dealings with certain cartels of an ambiguous nature) from doing the same thing for the HK45 and expanding the capabilities?

I get the fact that the HK45's claim to fame is the compact version and its positive attributes while being suppressed, but the platform's been around for what, 13 years, and not a whole lot of movement forward since then.

I personally think it'd be really cool as I see true worth in the platform being a lefty.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Sir, I know you think this might be the cat's ass, but why? First and foremost,.45 is going to die one day. Not as fast and hard as. 40 but everyone is ditching .45 because it just ain't that good. I thought the USP .45c was my grail gun but really a P7M8 is. Why? Cause ammo cost and efficiency. Plus cool factor. Also better than that is knowing how to run your stuff.

I imagine HK has made millions on the VP9 variants. Seriously those thing are everywhere relative to their DA/SA guns. A long slide .45 doesn't really do anything a shorter slide doesn't do already. Sight radius is practically a myth. .45 bullets are designed around subsonic velocities (generalization I know). There are dudes out there rocking all manner of antiquated/obsolescent guns but they know their stuff. DA is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

If the HK45 works for you, then keep crushing and spend money on training and a lot of ammo. It's the Indian not the arrow, but the Indian does shoot better with new bows and arrows.

Step back and think critically about your needs and what you practically shoot and carry. I fear G Bell with his J frame a lot more than the dude with a RMRd 19 and no training.

I am sorry if this is harsh, but this isn't HKPro. Pick a gun and get good.

TLR, rounds down range and a good instructor watching over. Godspeed.
    Last edited by Budget; 01-16-20 at 22:01. Reason: Grammar/Spelling

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^That retardation gave me a brain freeze.

HK gets something going that works the first time and then they stick with it. Just the way they are. The 45 Tactical is a helluva pistol as-is and you would either go broke, wear yourself out, or die of old age before you shot one enough to wear it out.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad I'm not the only one...I also wanna point out that the argument that DA/SA is a thing of the past is completely subjective, if anything that action is seeing a resurgence on top of its already popular foundation.

I agree that the engineering behind HK is unmatched. My question is more along the lines of a hypothetical and wouldn't it be cool...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    Sir, I know you think this might be the cat's ass, but why? First and foremost,.45 is going to die one day. Not as fast and hard as. 40 but everyone is ditching .45 because it just ain't that good. I thought the USP .45c was my grail gun but really a P7M8 is. Why? Cause ammo cost and efficiency. Plus cool factor. Also better than that is knowing how to run your stuff.

I imagine HK has made millions on the VP9 variants. Seriously those thing are everywhere relative to their DA/SA guns. A long slide .45 doesn't really do anything a shorter slide doesn't do already. Sight radius is practically a myth. .45 bullets are designed around subsonic velocities (generalization I know). There are dudes out there rocking all manner of antiquated/obsolescent guns but they know their stuff. DA is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

If the HK45 works for you, then keep crushing and spend money on training and a lot of ammo. It's the Indian not the arrow, but the Indian does shoot better with new bows and arrows.

Step back and think critically about your needs and what you practically shoot and carry. I fear G Bell with his J frame a lot more than the dude with a RMRd 19 and no training.

I am sorry if this is harsh, but this isn't HKPro. Pick a gun and get good.

TLR, rounds down range and a good instructor watching over. Godspeed.
    What the **** are you on about?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Cringing re reading my inciteful post, but I leave it up for the sake of transparency. I apologize for last night's ramblings. I just don't see HK doing this.

Feedback Score
    I see where you're coming from in regards to HK ever releasing further advancements on this particular platform. Got a few mil contracts out of it and HK hq's main priority has always been that market.

Feedback Score
    Undortunately I don't see HK updating the HK45 platform. They still haven't put a picatinny rail on the USP, and they have way more civilian sales.

I have an HK45 compact and like it, but going back to a 1911 feels like "easy mode" in comparison as I've owned it 10 years longer. Someday I will buy a USP 45 tactical or expert or elite for fun yet.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    ^That retardation gave me a brain freeze.

HK gets something going that works the first time and then they stick with it. Just the way they are. The 45 Tactical is a helluva pistol as-is and you would either go broke, wear yourself out, or die of old age before you shot one enough to wear it out.
    +1.....