I’m looking for a new gun to use as a “jack of all” kind of thing. Something I won’t care to use and just shoot the hell out of. I really like the 4”(ish) barrel size. I’ve got a sage full of full size guns and I’ve got a P365 that’s my CCW gun. I’d like an in-between size now. Bear with me because my thought process is a little bit erratic here, but hopefully you can see where I’m going with this.

Option 1: Glock Gen5 MOS with an RMR, suppressor sights, and light. This is like the ultimate “cool guy” setup, especially if you watch a lot of YouTube videos. Obviously the most expensive option at around $1100 from what I’ve priced. But it gives the Glock a little personality and they’re pretty sharp to look at too.

Option 3: Sig P320 RX Compact. This is kind of like the cheaper, not as cool, setup as the Glock above, but still something more unique than a plain old P320. With the Sig Romeo red dot and and a light would put this gun at about $750.

Option 3: Sig P229 police trade-in in 357 Sig. Mostly made the list because of the crazy good pricing and I do love the feel of the P229. My father in law just got one and it looks hardly used at all. Zero carry wear anywhere on the gun and he paid $350 OTD for the gun and one mag! So while I’m not particularly looking for a 357 Sig, I do already happen to have the reloading dies and I’ve got a ton of 40 brass that I can reform to 357 Sig so I’m pretty much set up already. So a gun and a light would be somewhere around $450 total.

So I’ve got some kind of crazy options here, but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about and maybe give me your thoughts on what you would choose and why. Thanks!