Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G19 MOS vs P229 vs P320 Compact

Feedback Score

G19 MOS vs P229 vs P320 Compact

I’m looking for a new gun to use as a “jack of all” kind of thing. Something I won’t care to use and just shoot the hell out of. I really like the 4”(ish) barrel size. I’ve got a sage full of full size guns and I’ve got a P365 that’s my CCW gun. I’d like an in-between size now. Bear with me because my thought process is a little bit erratic here, but hopefully you can see where I’m going with this.

Option 1: Glock Gen5 MOS with an RMR, suppressor sights, and light. This is like the ultimate “cool guy” setup, especially if you watch a lot of YouTube videos. Obviously the most expensive option at around $1100 from what I’ve priced. But it gives the Glock a little personality and they’re pretty sharp to look at too.

Option 3: Sig P320 RX Compact. This is kind of like the cheaper, not as cool, setup as the Glock above, but still something more unique than a plain old P320. With the Sig Romeo red dot and and a light would put this gun at about $750.

Option 3: Sig P229 police trade-in in 357 Sig. Mostly made the list because of the crazy good pricing and I do love the feel of the P229. My father in law just got one and it looks hardly used at all. Zero carry wear anywhere on the gun and he paid $350 OTD for the gun and one mag! So while I’m not particularly looking for a 357 Sig, I do already happen to have the reloading dies and I’ve got a ton of 40 brass that I can reform to 357 Sig so I’m pretty much set up already. So a gun and a light would be somewhere around $450 total.

So I’ve got some kind of crazy options here, but hopefully you can see what I’m talking about and maybe give me your thoughts on what you would choose and why. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1. Do you want a red-dot (recommended)
    2. 9mm if ammo price and time(reloading) will dictate how much you shoot.

Sig vs glock doesnt really matter, though the rmr would be recommended for ccw/hard use.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The 320 is great, but that Romeo is a pos.

Personally I’d buy a gen 5 With the forward serrations and then have your slide milled for whatever optic you prefer. I have a gen 5 MOS and while the modularity is nice, having your slide milled is the best option.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Double tap
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I already reload for 9mm and I also have the dies and brass for 357 Sig so ammo cost would really be a wash between the two calibers.

Feedback Score
    I had the same question and just ordered a Glock MOS with RMR on the way as well.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    We have about 5 officers at my agency carrying the 320RX. It's a great gun, with an effing terrible optic mated to it. Until sig figures out how to get an RMR on a factory slide, it's an automatic no go.

Of those 5 officers, 3 have had issues with the Romeo, two have had them break (Sig did replace right away).

Feedback Score
    I have or have had all three (although a Gen4 MOS). First decide if you want a striker or DA/SA & that will eliminate one or more of your choices. The P229 is solid and has a nice trigger whether DA or SA, I like the G19 okay but it has a so-so trigger, and the P320 RX has a very nice trigger and offers a mix and match design. I do like the RMR better than the Romeo (better battery life, very rugged, and I prefer the controls), however unlike comments above, I've never had any problems with my SIG Romeo. My choice of the three would depend on the intended "mission" but all have their plusses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    We have about 5 officers at my agency carrying the 320RX. It's a great gun, with an effing terrible optic mated to it. Until sig figures out how to get an RMR on a factory slide, it's an automatic no go.

Of those 5 officers, 3 have had issues with the Romeo, two have had them break (Sig did replace right away).
    The P320 Pro is available with an RMR cut that retains the rear sights. It is available from LE distributors to first responders.

Also with some of the aftermarket plates becoming available for the glock MOS I think it is a better option than a direct mill set up these days as it is a little bit more future proof.

Shoot both and pick the one you prefer.

Feedback Score
    I recently decided on my first optic sighted pistol and thought about the Sig 320 due to it's nicer trigger, but decided to go with a Glock 19 Gen5 MOS as I felt it was more bullet proof in it's design and the 320s' are still having some teething problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast