Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G19 MOS vs P229 vs P320 Compact

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The P320 Pro is available with an RMR cut that retains the rear sights. It is available from LE distributors to first responders.

Also with some of the aftermarket plates becoming available for the glock MOS I think it is a better option than a direct mill set up these days as it is a little bit more future proof.

Shoot both and pick the one you prefer.
    This is what the Glock MOS should have been given the prevailing performance of RMRs at the time and currently. Or atleast offer a “pro” rmr specific model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just a note of caution, the Glock trigger is a partially cocked double action. The SIG is a single action, like the HK polymer pistol.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    The 320 is great, but that Romeo is a pos.

Personally I’d buy a gen 5 With the forward serrations and then have your slide milled for whatever optic you prefer. I have a gen 5 MOS and while the modularity is nice, having your slide milled is the best option.
    Can you elaborate o why having one milled is better. Honest question. Placement?

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Just a note of caution, the Glock trigger is a partially cocked double action. The SIG is a single action, like the HK polymer pistol.
    Can you please elaborate on this observation? I'm intrigued. I've not heard the Glock striker action trigger system described as a "partially cocked double action" before. And would this be true after the first shot and bringing the trigger back to its reset position? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schootz View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this observation? I'm intrigued. I've not heard the Glock striker action trigger system described as a "partially cocked double action" before. And would this be true after the first shot and bringing the trigger back to its reset position? Thanks.
    Just google “Glock trigger mechanism”. That’s the way they’ve always worked.

Feedback Score
    When you pull the trigger, it moves the striker back a bit before it breaks. Its not fully cocked until during the trigger pull.
    Its the same for every shot.

Feedback Score
    And how is this a "double action"?

Feedback Score
    Of the three, get a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS or get a Gen 5 front slide serrations 19 and send it off to get milled for an RMR.

The other options just fall short.

A 320 doesn't do anything that the Glock can't do, and is larger & heavier than the 19. There's literally no reason to choose one over the 19 if you're starting out fresh.

As much as I love the P-series Sigs, they can't hold a candle to a Glock 19. I have a beloved P229/8 that shoots the lights out. It also weighs more empty than my loaded 19, and is something like 20% thicker, which is immediately tangible when carried.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The trigger both cocks and releases the striker.

How is it not?

Feedback Score
    And how is this a "double action"?
    By definition
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_action

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast