Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using Accurate 2520 for 75 grain bullets?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well that's some damn fine shooting!
    Yeah, I was basically looking for a load that I would be able to mimick the 77 grain IMI for cheaper and my test loads for this winter were great as far as velocity.
    I'll have to rework it in the summer to find a safe and accurate one that hopefully gets to 2400 fps. Only time will tell.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thank you. Have you chronoed the IMI rounds yet? Deconstructed and or taken and measurements? I shoot alot of the BH 262, until I started rolling my own that is, and that was how I knew the parameters for my loads. I usually go a bit longer on COAL though.
    I had alot of WWC brass to reload though. Mostly use LC though, it's still the best brass out there in my book.
    Just curious why you're preferred gun is a 10.5" using the mk262, or clone of it. If I can be of any help I will.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I crono’d some 77 gr IMI last weekend from an 11.5”.
    24 degrees.
    Avg was right at 2400. I’d expect a gain of 50 FPS+ with warmer weather.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    Thank you. Have you chronoed the IMI rounds yet? Deconstructed and or taken and measurements? I shoot alot of the BH 262, until I started rolling my own that is, and that was how I knew the parameters for my loads. I usually go a bit longer on COAL though.
    I had alot of WWC brass to reload though. Mostly use LC though, it's still the best brass out there in my book.
    Just curious why you're preferred gun is a 10.5" using the mk262, or clone of it. If I can be of any help I will.
    I did chrono the IMI.
    Avg: 2334 fps
    ES: 53
    SD: 16
    I haven't taken any apart, but the OAL was 2.247".
    The reason for the 75 grain in my 10.3" was because the energy is approx the same as a 55 grain out of my 16".
    Is that logical or is there a better, cheaper bullet? Maybe a 62 gr or 64 gr to get more velocity?
    Any suggestions would be great!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    I did chrono the IMI.
    Avg: 2334 fps
    ES: 53
    SD: 16
    I haven't taken any apart, but the OAL was 2.247".
    The reason for the 75 grain in my 10.3" was because the energy is approx the same as a 55 grain out of my 16".
    Is that logical or is there a better, cheaper bullet? Maybe a 62 gr or 64 gr to get more velocity?
    Any suggestions would be great!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I crono’d some 77 gr IMI last weekend from an 11.5”.
    24 degrees.
    Avg was right at 2400. I’d expect a gain of 50 FPS+ with warmer weather.
    That sounds about right.
    It was 5 degrees out when I did the testing, so pretty cold.
    The best load/group I got was going 2431 fps. I was pretty happy about that.
    Do you think I should wait until summer to rework the loads or is it okay to do that in the winter?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Load development in cold weather can be problematic, unless you’ll always shoot in cold.

If I’m loading at top of pressure range I’ll make every effort to keep cartridges as warm as possible, because majority of shooting is in 70-95 degree range.
    If I work up load at top of pressure range in cold weather/cartridges cold, I’m gonna have pressure, sign best, and blown primers/etc worst case.

Using a truly temp insensitive, stable powder is the exception.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, that's kind of what I thought.
    Just wanting to load a bunch of these, guess I'll be patient and wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12