Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Judge Rejects Petition for a Gun Confiscation Order Against a Police Officer

Feedback Score

Colorado Judge Rejects Petition for a Gun Confiscation Order Against a Police Officer

https://reason.com/2020/01/17/colora...olice-officer/

A Colorado judge yesterday rejected a woman's petition for a court order that would disarm the police officer who killed her son in 2017—a shooting that was deemed justified as an act of self-defense. Does this case illustrate the potential for abuse of Colorado's new "red flag" law, or does it show the law's safeguards are effective? Arguably both, but the case's sheer weirdness makes its broader relevance debatable.
    Please read entire article before commenting
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Who didn't see this coming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    https://reason.com/2020/01/17/colora...olice-officer/

Please read entire article before commenting
    Absolutely shows how this is going to be abused. Would’ve been hilarious if she would of been successful.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hard to base your complaint about something which has already been justified. She is probably upset he finally stopped paying child support.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Absolutely shows how this is going to be abused. Would’ve been hilarious if she would of been successful.
    Sorry for this but I just can't get over the fact that you used would've (correctly) and would of (incorrectly) in the same sentence.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    Sorry for this but I just can't get over the fact that you used would've (correctly) and would of (incorrectly) in the same sentence.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    -So crazy stupid runs in families
    -I don't understand the ex parte orders
    -That lady should face civil if not criminal charges for this. There needs to be a marker put down that there are ramifications to trying to abuse this law. If you let this stand, we'll see all the other weak cases brought because people will see that they don't have anything to lose.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I will give auto correct on my phone credit for the correct usage and I will claim the incorrect usage as my own.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And how would this have turned out if this guy wasn't a Cop and this was an ex wife or girlfriend?
    These things have an ability to go very sideways.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doubled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast