Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado Judge Rejects Petition for a Gun Confiscation Order Against a Police Officer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    And how would this have turned out if this guy wasn't a Cop and this was an ex wife or girlfriend?
    These things have an ability to go very sideways.
    A peon would have been screwed over immediately.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Or died t in the .gov sponsored chaos.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Actually this case was dropped before any preferential class treatment could happen.

For lack of standing. She didn't meet the (current, but already expanding in CA) list of who could file a red flag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Actually this case was dropped before any preferential class treatment could happen.

For lack of standing. She didn't meet the (current, but already expanding in CA) list of who could file a red flag.
    Not sure that would have stopped the rubber stamp for a peon.

"Attorney General Phil Weiser, a leading supporter of the law, has a different take. "This was a positive development," he told KMGH after the hearing. "It showed this law can't be abused for purposes of harassing an officer."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not sure that would have stopped the rubber stamp for a peon.

"Attorney General Phil Weiser, a leading supporter of the law, has a different take. "This was a positive development," he told KMGH after the hearing. "It showed this law can't be abused for purposes of harassing an officer."

I am more concerned with these laws harassing non-officers.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don't turn this thread into a ----

I'm 30 year retired LEO, been in a good positions throughout my time to see a lot. I'm not in favor of the whole thing at all (red flag) it's ripe for abuse in my opinion. History shows us this just like the FISA court, even on lower level of rubber stamp grand juries. The thing is, we have committal orders, emergency C orders, etc in place already. If someone is deemed after a 72 hour eval to be that bad, they are not let go. If they are, the "state" is saying you are ok.

Like I said, it has and will be abused.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Don't turn this thread into a ----

I'm 30 year retired LEO, been in a good positions throughout my time to see a lot. I'm not in favor of the whole thing at all (red flag) it's ripe for abuse in my opinion. History shows us this just like the FISA court, even on lower level of rubber stamp grand juries. The thing is, we have committal orders, emergency C orders, etc in place already. If someone is deemed after a 72 hour eval to be that bad, they are not let go. If they are, the "state" is saying you are ok.

Like I said, it has and will be abused.
    Not LE specific, it is a recognition of elites versus non.

The attorney general pointed that fact out and I am sure he, and others like him, are effectively exempt also.

If those ultimately responsible for the system(legislators, executives, prosecutors, judges, and their benefactors) were as "subject to" laws as those not falling under those categories then there would be far fewer bad bills ever making it on the books in the first place and legitimate acts of folly would be corrected quickly instead of being a source of lingering harm.

Feedback Score
    So let me see if I can break this down.

This woman got pregnant and gave birth to a baby, that was a blank slate. She as the mother of this boy could have trained him to trend toward greatness or not.

So it is clear she raised a crying little punk, that didn't even have the knowledge and/or the balls to kill his loser self.

So he grabs an edge weapon to force suicide by cop, he got what he wanted.

Then his worthless mother, tries to mess over a mans life by taking away his right to work.

The bitch should go to bed with a bottle of sleeping pills, chased by a bottle of vodka.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12