Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noveske or KAC

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Personally I'd go KAC.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim808 View Post
    My BIL is getting his first AR later this year. Between the Nov and KAC, he is leaning to a Nov 16” PDW or 16” Infidel.

Appreciate any advice or guidance
    Thanks!
    Of those two, it would be hard to recommend anything other than the KAC, but as others have pointed out, he would probably be better served with BCM and Colt.

If it were a friend of mine, or a family member, I would be pointing them also to Centurion Arms, and an Aimpoint PRO or Trijicon MRO.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I own a KAC, DD and a Bravo Company. I would point him to Centurion Arms and save the $700-1000 on ammo and the red dot

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    OP said he wants ambi controls... None of the rifles you guys are proposing are true ambi rifles. The two he listed are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    KAC SR15, the gun is complete when you buy it. No upgrades needed. I dont think KAC guns are that expensive for what you get. Otherwise get the kickass BCM. For his needs a BCM would be just fine. Ad a RDS to either gun and train.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Of the two KAC ( shocking I know).

If not KAC a complete rifle from Centurion would be my #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have both KAC and Noveske. I like Noveske, but i really only bought Noveske for the barrels. I would pick KAC any day of the week, even with proprietary barrel and BCG.
    Last edited by veeklog; 01-19-20 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a home build Noveske and a factory Knights SR15. The SR15 is the lightest recoiling AR I’ve ever shot.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I wouldn't trade my pre-2013 Noveske 14.5" CL SB for much of anything, but today I'd take a KAC, LMT, Colt, DD, Centurion, Sionics all day.
    Exactly how I feel.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim808 View Post
    Use:
    Deterrent to looters
    Not for recreation shooting or hunting.
    I don’t think he will shoot it much after he gets the hang of it and how to clear any malfs.
    It is basically a tool to him and he doesn’t mind paying the premium for quality tools.

FWIW:
    He just got a used Beretta 1201 inertia shotgun. He thinks a shotgun is a better fit for his needs and it only cost $600 so he got that first
    This is not intended as a snarky comment or to stir a controversy/discussion on the topic, just my honest opinion based on the information you've provided.

I'm probably in the minority, but I would say your BIL does not need an AR and will be sufficiently served with the shotgun (since he already bought it).
    Based on the intent he's planning to use an AR as a talisman, not a weapon.

I see no point of spending money - any money for accessories (scope, trigger, etc.) he won't ever use for basic things like recreational target shooting. I honestly think he'll be much less dangerous to himself and others by brandishing a shotgun instead of a centerfire semi-auto rifle.

To answer your question on the gun itself I have three points:

1. I think your recommendations for a COLT are reasonable and appropriate for his purpose.

2. If he wants any AR - he can buy the cheapest one, most likely it won't matter for him. Just buy a larger brand so it's not a total trash and has some warranty - Palmetto, Aero, or something along those lines. Budget brands are budget brands, and quality will always be debatable. Functionally, they'll probably work okay.

3. If it's ONLY between a KAC and Noveske for him - I's say KAC because it holds value better and he'll never shoot it. So after 10 years he might be able to sell a vintage unused or lightly used KAC and recoup his money*

* That's the assumption if ARs and whatnot are not banned by that time for individual transfer or transport across the state lines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast