Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your thoughts on M81 Woodland Camo pattern?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good after it has faded somewhat ...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a tad bit of a necropost, so I apologize for that, but I thought it was worth sharing due to the discussions about MC being seen as a poser, while M81 may not.

I've been reading through comments on pictures of the rally in Richmond. Those from the left seem to share a common trend and that's, that any "military" gear, from helmets to plate carriers to even ammo pouches, gets the person wearing it labeled as a "poser." A lot of these guys aren't even wearing camo at all, just jeans and earth tone jackets, but the presence of any equipment gets them that label. (as well as a drawn-out discussion on the size of their, uh, manhood) If you avoid MultiCam to keep from being labeled as a poser, cosplayer, or "tactical timmy," and go with M81s or even jeans an old web belt, it looks like you'll still get those labels slapped on you. Something to think about.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    I still like the old BDU's I was issued... (I rarely wear MC cause that wasn't my war)... and I think that it will sufice for most people... there seems to be a trend to moving back to Woodland camo..

I personally like some of the ATACS camo but in most cases RG is my go to...if Im out hunting/ larping

Your gonna get labeled one way or the other as Alpha-17 mentioned....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    This is a tad bit of a necropost, so I apologize for that, but I thought it was worth sharing due to the discussions about MC being seen as a poser, while M81 may not.

I've been reading through comments on pictures of the rally in Richmond. Those from the left seem to share a common trend and that's, that any "military" gear, from helmets to plate carriers to even ammo pouches, gets the person wearing it labeled as a "poser." A lot of these guys aren't even wearing camo at all, just jeans and earth tone jackets, but the presence of any equipment gets them that label. (as well as a drawn-out discussion on the size of their, uh, manhood) If you avoid MultiCam to keep from being labeled as a poser, cosplayer, or "tactical timmy," and go with M81s or even jeans an old web belt, it looks like you'll still get those labels slapped on you. Something to think about.
    Just hate and that's going to be expressed towards anyone not in lockstep with them.

Wasn't Multicam being sold commercially before it was issued on anything more than a limited basis?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post

Wasn't Multicam being sold commercially before it was issued on anything more than a limited basis?
    Yes. In fact, that’s still mostly true. The OCP ACUs are not truly Multicam.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Woodland = God's plaid. Aside from tropical ERDL best cammies ever. I also wore MARPAT, which I liked too. But nothing like woodland.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123