Thread: Mutley

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Mutley

Kind of a work in progress, like your own kid can't be ugly.

New Fusion frame, used Colt slide, grab bag GI parts, added beavertail, flat MSH I bobbed the hammer and worked the from sight down. I did the Frame/slide and Fusion did the new barrel/link fitment. I may add a Commander hammer or a set hammer/sear/S spring, etc. Hack job home cold blue for the time being.

While fun and interesting, a SA Mil-Spec with a hammer/beaveertail would have been cheaper--haha--

And one pic to warm up those in the cold

GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sister slide, not sure if I will hang on to this one, debating it.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How are those Fusion frames? I have a couple 779 slides I'm sitting on, to include a mint never fitted national match one, that I've considered doing a build with.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    While I'm no expert on these, I didn't see any imperfections with machining, etc. All holes were clean and no issues with function with the parts. I got the one with the radius for the beavertail. That's their BT, I would like a bigger bump on it though.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The SA Mil Spec would've been cheaper- likely so. But you'd have missed out on the experience and knowledge gained.

Consider having "a buddy with a Bridgeport" mill slide for Novak dovetails. Your sight options will be much greater.

Have you fired for function?
    And regarding the BT "Bump"; as you get older you'll find the desire for a larger one subsides.... (:

Let us know how it shoots.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Dupe post
    Last edited by gaijin; 01-27-20 at 10:44.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yeah, was/is fun. It fires great, about 200 rounds trouble free and likes the 230 ball with 5. HP38. I did file in serrations on the front to help and may look into the slide milling for better sights. I will eventually add a Commander hammer or maybe just get the C&S set.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Well done.

Consider John Harrison's Hammer, "True Radius" Sear and disconnect.
    Very good parts and an excellent "trigger" is virtually assured. Not to mention, he is a good guy and goes the extra mile to take care of his clients.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does he cut the dovetails in the slide? That front is welded in, nothing a grinder wouldn't solve before the milling.
    http://www.harrisoncustom.com/Services.aspx?cid=1

Guess so, looks reasonable. Well, time to go sling some shrimp!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Sure he can/would, but I’d call him for a time frame/cost.

Bulk of his biz is full customs and his parts sales.
    Novak’s is pretty reasonable for dovetail/sights with usually quick turnaround.