I ended up building a couple kiss ar pistols after psa’s Black Friday sales.i have been buying parts for these two piecemeal with extra funds,I thought now would be a good time to try a couple different budget trigger options and post results.
I bought an alg ect and one of the psa kits came with the ept.after assembly,I wasn’t real impressed with either,but I am admittedly ruined by a few geissele triggers in my other ar’s.
As opposed to grinding or polishing,witch I know nothing about,I decided to give the triggers one last chance and ordered a couple of jp 4.5 pound spring kits.
After installing the spring kits and lightly greasing the contact surfaces,the psa ept trigger had noticeably lighter smoother pull,the alg didn’t seem to gain much.both are waaaaay better than a stock milspec trigger.
Next thing was to dispel any light strike issues associated with lighter hammer springs.believe it or not I had trouble finding steel case ammo and had to drive almost an hour to get it.I bought all they had in stock (300 rounds).i got to the range the next weekend,and a buddy and myself each took 150 rounds and picked a pistol and ran through each pistols small allotment of ammo fairly quickly,without any type of issue.
Not really sure if all this blabbering is going anywhere other than,the psa ept trigger with jp 4.5(called the duty spring kit if I remember correctly) is a pretty big improvement over a stock trigger for about 50$