Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought two KAC mags today, anybody else do something stupid?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I bought two KAC mags today, anybody else do something stupid?

Kac mags at the tender price of $95 each, fell into my cart today. I keep two in my ammo box and use weekly, have two spares in my safe. Why would one do such a thing? After buying $500 in ammo. My self discipline is pathetic. Fessing up

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll be first to admit, I bought a couple recently at $75 each to keep my other ones company. Might as well get it over with, bought a couple Larue 7.62 mags too...ouch. I have very little self discipline regarding factory mags, and yes I have plenty of Magpul LR/SR magazines. Wow PB feels good to fess up!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When pmags are $22, that makes a ton of sense.

Honestly its the 308 semi auto game; operating costs is similar to an aero space program.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have to say I'm impressed with D&H 20rd 308 magazines in my CM762. $15.99 and run fine so far.

https://dsgarms.com/magazines-dah-ma-308-20-blk

D&H makes contract mags for FN, so the are GTG in my book.

I thought about a couple of KAC or Larue until I saw them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have not had any bad luck with mags. The Lancer have done well for me and the Pmags are GTG as well. Rhino, those D&H are probably GTG as well. I wonder if they give the same tiny extra cartridge length that KAC gives vs Pmags. If they make mags for FN, I would have to agree. I might buy a couple for the hell of it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    . Rhino, those D&H are probably GTG as well. I wonder if they give the same tiny extra cartridge length that KAC gives vs Pmags. If they make mags for FN, I would have to agree. I might buy a couple for the hell of it.
    Not sure about the cartridge length but the CAGE code is the same on my SCAR 17 mags and these D&H.

I just wanted 2-4 metal mags for my CM762 in addition to the stash of PMAG plastics, and figured I'd give them a try - I got my first 4 on sale for for just over $50 from DSG Arms and they have worked fine, albeit I have only used 145gr M80 loads so far. Bought another 10 to lay away for a rainy day.

There is just no way a mag like that should cost $100. I get R&D costs, I get production numbers, I get that it's KAC and they like gubbbiment money, but $100 for a fooking metal AR10 magazine? I just can't do it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I have to say I'm impressed with D&H 20rd 308 magazines in my CM762. $15.99 and run fine so far.

D&H makes contract mags for FN, so the are GTG in my book.

I thought about a couple of KAC or Larue until I saw them.
    I bought two and my first glance is they look good, especially for the price.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I bought ten and tried out a couple in my Colt 901 yesterday. They ran 100%. I really appreciate the link.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I bought ten and tried out a couple in my Colt 901 yesterday. They ran 100%. I really appreciate the link.
    Glad I could help. They are running fine in my CM762/308 as well, along with 20/25rd PMAGs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Honestly its the 308 semi auto game; operating costs is similar to an aero space program.
    Unless you bought a PTR91.

14 years ago.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast