Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I bought two KAC mags today, anybody else do something stupid?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I'm at a point with KAC SR25 mags where I'm not willing to let any go that i obtain. I stupidly sold a bunch before thinking that an abundance in PMAGS was the right answer, and have been slowly trying to get myself back to having a reasonable amount on hand and ready to go since then.
    I sold two to a buddy after I sold my first MWS for $50 each-STUPID. I'm finally back up to 2 that I run and 5 in my stash. And I dump my 2 in a bag full a suppressors, others mags and a spotting scope to take to the hide every weekend. And they show no signs of wear, and have not died yet.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've bought two/month for a while now plus some pre-owned and/or used. I like the clipped base version and sold off all the old style I owned. Great mags. If you are LEO/FF they honor a service discount direct from KAC.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    I've bought two/month for a while now plus some pre-owned and/or used. I like the clipped base version and sold off all the old style I owned. Great mags. If you are LEO/FF they honor a service discount direct from KAC.
    What is the clipped version vs the old style.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The way the floor plate is retained. Newer mags have a plastic insert with a tab that locks the floor plate in place. Push the tab in to unlock and slide the plate off. The older style is like the original M16 30 rounders with two semi-circular tabs punched into each corner of the floor plate. To get those off you have to pry the base edge away from the body, then slide it off. Used older mags I bought were serviceable but had noticeable wear on the punched tabs.
    https://www.operationparts.com/magazines/ second row shows the two different floor plates and the insert.

EDIT: correct terminology and older magazine reference to 30 round. 20 rounds have that metal locking tab that locks the floor plate.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 05-27-20 at 06:31. Reason: Stated in body

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I checked mine and all mine are the newer version. I also noticed how the D&H mags are the older style. Its amazing how they copied the KAC mag. I wonder if that is patent infringement. Or if mags fall in the AR dept and anything goes?

PB

Feedback Score
    Unless KAC has an actual patent on something to do with the magazine, it can be identical.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I grabbed 5 more D&H mags for a rainy day, to stuff in my mag stash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123