Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave stock question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    On a pump gun the Remington LE armorer guru, Lyle Wheelock, taught to adjust via the mag tube. I've done it on the range using a receiver hitch receptacle on the back of our range van.

I'd have to see you in your shooting stance, but shooting high is a pretty common thing for folks who bury the stock in their shoulder. To mount the shotgun keep your head erect, bring the comb of the stock up until it hits your cheek, and then back to the shoulder. The range mantra is 'head erect, up to the cheek, back to the shoulder.'

The flat portion of the upper receiver serves as the rear sight plane on non-ribbed police/HD barrels, the bead should appear to be sitting on the rear sight plane, just as the sun appears to be sitting on the edge of the world as it begins to drop below the horizon as seen in the South Pacific.

Check to see if you are doing that.

Good luck.
    Wow- thats meat & taters right there, thank for that info. Also- Id love to see a video of that barrel adjustment.
    I did get a stock..but wont mount it unless everything goes to blazes...I'm not SBS'sing nothng.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Also- Id love to see a video of that barrel adjustment.
    LOL -that is an owner leave the room adjustment. (In this case the shotgun was one of ours)
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    LOL -that is an owner leave the room adjustment. (In this case the shotgun was one of ours)
    HA! I understand.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123