Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg 590 Shockwave stock question.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Yes sir, I despise all "pistol braces".
    Have you run the SBA4? I don't hate it at all, and I hate everything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    Have you run the SBA4? I don't hate it at all, and I hate everything.
    No sir I havent.
    BUT...in case stuff REALLY "goes South", Ive got a Hogue stock coming to use in event of emergency...NFA be damned, Wont be installed unless/untill I see "walkers". At THAT point..who gives a shit.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Definitely give the SBA4 a shot. I ran one in a carbine course earlier in the month and it didn’t bother me a bit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ill check it out, thanks brother.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwack View Post
    I’m also looking to put a stock on my shockwave. Love the gun but find it somewhat impractical without a stock. Will check out the SB4
    To be clear, the sbA4 is adjustable like an AR15 carbine stock. The sbM4 is not, and is retained on a "pistol" buffer tube by friction. Definitely not what you want.

The SBA4 is available for $99 with a buffer tube on Durkin Tactical with code SBA. I'm not affiliated, but I did snag a couple of them when they were $10 cheaper and they shipped quickly and arrived fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From someone who has SBS'd a shockwave. It will shoot a foot high at 7 yards with any full sized buttstock added to it. A shockwave was my first NFA item and now I hate it. I am waiting to have ghost rings added to it so maybe it is useable. The barrel has NO taper to it causing for me at least to not be able to get a good sight picture. I tried the SGA and a 12" hogue and could still see half of the barrel resulting in the shots going high.
    Last edited by BKS; 04-26-20 at 00:10. Reason: additional

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BKS View Post
    From someone who has SBS'd a shockwave. It will shoot a foot high at 7 yards with any full sized buttstock added to it. A shockwave was my first NFA item and now I hate it. I am waiting to have ghost rings added to it so maybe it is useable. The barrel has NO taper to it causing for me at least to not be able to get a good sight picture. I tried the SGA and a 12" hogue and could still see half of the barrel resulting in the shots going high.
    What stock do you have on it? Have you checked the POI at 15y? Mossberg used to sell shims that would help you adjust the drop of the stock, which would help get your POI down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've tried both the Magpul SGA and a 12" Hogue. it has the XS taller front sight on it already.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've tried both the Magpul SGA and a 12" Hogue. it has the XS taller front sight on it already.
    If you can find a set of those shims, it might sort you out. If not, talk to some old trap shooters. Shotgun barrels aren't magic, so they bend them often enough to get them to shoot right. Obviously there isn't much barrel to bend, but it doesn't take much.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    If you can find a set of those shims, it might sort you out. If not, talk to some old trap shooters. Shotgun barrels aren't magic, so they bend them often enough to get them to shoot right. Obviously there isn't much barrel to bend, but it doesn't take much.
    On a pump gun the Remington LE armorer guru, Lyle Wheelock, taught to adjust via the mag tube. I've done it on the range using a receiver hitch receptacle on the back of our range van.

I'd have to see you in your shooting stance, but shooting high is a pretty common thing for folks who bury the stock in their shoulder. To mount the shotgun keep your head erect, bring the comb of the stock up until it hits your cheek, and then back to the shoulder. The range mantra is 'head erect, up to the cheek, back to the shoulder.'

The flat portion of the upper receiver serves as the rear sight plane on non-ribbed police/HD barrels, the bead should appear to be sitting on the rear sight plane, just as the sun appears to be sitting on the edge of the world as it begins to drop below the horizon as seen in the South Pacific.

Check to see if you are doing that.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-27-20 at 00:12.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast