I recently came across a model 669 for a good deal, and being a fan (mostly nostalgic) of the older smith autoloaders, I jumped on it. Only problem is it came without any box, manual, etc, and has a horrible set of aftermarket pachmayr grips. The original Smith grips are long gone.

My question is, are there still any of these (genuine S&W) grips available as surplus anywhere? I can find aftermarket, unbranded grips that will fit, but any legit Smith grips I come across are worn to shit. The little pistol is in great shape for its age and I would like to have grips that are the same.

This is mostly just a nostalgia piece...it’s definitely not going to replace my M&Ps in the main carry role, but it will be shot some, and possibly carried on occasion. So, any holster recommendations would be welcome. I know some of this gen pistol will cross-reference with other models re:holsters, so any info regarding that would be appreciated as well. Like I said, no manual was included so I don’t know what I don’t know at this point.

Except for needing a thorough cleaning, I’m pretty pleased with the condition...

Any other info or history you guys might have would be appreciated.

Thanks

JC