Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Which trigger for a MP 2.0 .22lr compact?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0

    Which trigger for a MP 2.0 .22lr compact?

    The stock trigger for this .22lr is terrible. What replacement trigger should I get to replace it with?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    97
    Feedback Score
    0
    When did the 2.0 .22 compact come out?
    Do you have a link to details?

    I haven't found anybody to work on the original .22 compact. I wanted a better trigger and an RDS, can't find info on either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    When did the 2.0 .22 compact come out?
    Do you have a link to details?

    I haven't found anybody to work on the original .22 compact. I wanted a better trigger and an RDS, can't find info on either.
    My bad. It's not a 2.0....

    10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    97
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrotz View Post
    My bad. It's not a 2.0....

    10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.
    No worries, I thought I might have missed a new release.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Poquoson, VA
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It has a simple single action system with a sear and hammer, so hammer engagement surface can be stoned and polished. I also stoned down the face of hammer to reduce engagement which gives a shorter trigger pull. Finally, you can build up trigger stop already on frame with some JB weld and file down to eliminate over travel. Done 3 compacts, easy, just be careful or find a smith.

    Mark

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    It has a simple single action system with a sear and hammer, so hammer engagement surface can be stoned and polished. I also stoned down the face of hammer to reduce engagement which gives a shorter trigger pull. Finally, you can build up trigger stop already on frame with some JB weld and file down to eliminate over travel. Done 3 compacts, easy, just be careful or find a smith.

    Mark
    How much would you charge .45fan and I for a trigger job?

    10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Poquoson, VA
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am not a gunsmith, just an advanced tinkerer, do work for family and friends.
    If you guys know a reputable gunsmith in your area, ask him for an estimate, should be under $50 in my opinion.

    Mark

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    I am not a gunsmith, just an advanced tinkerer, do work for family and friends.
    If you guys know a reputable gunsmith in your area, ask him for an estimate, should be under $50 in my opinion.

    Mark
    Cheers, thanks. I was just kidding anyway! No emojis.....

    10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •