Thread: Guns/optics/weights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Guns/optics/weights

As I have been trying to figure out what's a heavy gun or not a heavy gun for my go to rifle. I have had the opportunity to weigh difference setups to see how big of a difference there really is between them. I confess that there are others who could do a better job, but I hope this helps some to some degree. I believe there could be more exacts numbers but this was good enough for me to help me process.

I used a 30 round PMAG with 28 rounds of IMI 77grain (1.17lbs) and a Silencerco Omega 30 cal Can with The Q Plan B (14.3oz).

16 inch KAC Mod2 with NX8 in SPHUR mount/No light/ not suppressed = 9.2lbs

11.5 KAC Mod2 with NX8 in G mount/Peq15/Surefire light/Suppressor = 10.6lbs w/o suppressor - 9.8lbs

11.5 KAC Mod2 with NF ATACR 1-8 in SPHUR mount/Surefire light/suppressor = 10.8lbs w/o suppressor 9.8lbs

10.3 MK18 DD with NX8 in SPHUR mount/Surefire light/suppressor 10.6lbs w/o suppressor 9.8lbs

12.5 Hodge Defense with NX8 in SPHUR mount/no light/ suppressor 9.8lbs w/o suppressor 9.2lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Get out and shoot your different guns and scope combination, and you will figure it out. Also, remember what a rifle weighs and how a rifle balances, are two different things. For example a suppressor, barrel or handguard that weighs 5 ounces more than a lighter one, that weight will be noticed a *little* bit more when handling and shooting the rifle, compared to a scope that is 5 ounces heavier than a lighter one, because of where the weight is distributed.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-21-20 at 22:56.