Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The magwell is stock. It comes with the back strap inserts. Here is the factory video showing it at around 4:40. It is a pretty slick setup I think. David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTi-EL6078
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 03-24-20 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I haven't seen a 920 yet but believe the only parts that aren't compatible are the slide plate cover and the extractor spring and spring loaded bearing.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Does this mean a gadget won’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Does this mean a gadget won’t work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No I don't think it will. At least not without some modification.

The MR920 back plate is thinner than a standard Glock part. It may be possible to thin a Gadget out but I seriously doubt anyone has tried it yet.

MR920 plate on the right:

Last edited by Tokarev; 04-21-20 at 21:18.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A good look at the MR920 optic cut and what was modified to make the deeper cut.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I just purchased the MR920L (long slide). I like everything about it, but off to the range today for the real test.

Follow-up. I'm back from the range and this Shadow Systems is quite a pistol. I ran through 200 rounds of NATO and various other ammo using mixed mags (Glock, Magpul, and ETS). There were no function issues, easy follow-up shots, and very accurate--clays on the berm at 25 yds (not a hit on the first shot every time, but never more than 3 shots to break a clay). And I cheated on the clays; mounted a RDS on the pistol. The trigger seems a little heavier than advertised, but smooth and predictable. I can't think of any negatives to report.
    Last edited by SlimMan; 07-30-20 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimMan View Post
    I just purchased the MR920L (long slide).
    Shadow Systems is almost there. If they'd take the 920 frame and stretch the grip to accept a 17rd mag they'd have their full-size and mid-size gun. One frame for a 45 and 47 model. Another frame for a 19 and 19L.

I know a full-size gun is in the works. Will it be, in essence, a Gen4 Glock 47?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i picked up an mr918 and fell inlove with it. so much that i bought the remaining 8 off gun broker. picked up the mr920 and love it just as much. these things shoot flat..they shoot very flat. and dead nuts reliable. im at 20k through an mr918 with no issues. i dont know how they managed to get it to shoot the way it does but they are unique. perhaps its the way its sprung. the feel of the shot impulse is completely utilitarian and it runs like a sowing machine, very predictable. ive grouped better with this pistol than any other pistol when stepping on the throttle. with glocks, ive always threw shots left nad have to drift my rear sight to the right. not with the shadow. shoots straight down the pipe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shadow Systems has a new pistol on the way called the DR920. This will be their take on the G17 and should be available in January of 2021.

Features will mirror those of the MR920 and the gun will have the detachable/changeable back panels and will have the multi-use optics cut.

Feedback Score
    I am going to be doing a more detailed review once I hit the 1000 round mark but I have had mine for about 2 weeks and it has quickly became my CCW. Like others have said it is what a Glock 19 should be in every way. For the price, there is no better option on the market

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The DR920 full-size should be officially released next week. Shadow Systems had planned on launching it at SHOT and is keeping to that timeline.

I plan on ordering one as soon as they are available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast