Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Shadow Systems MR920

This is just announced and is based on feedback from owners of the MR918.

The 920 is more or less a 2.0 version of the 918. Still based on the G19, it has been tweaked to address a few key points.

The beavertail is slightly elongated with a slightly different profile. Apparently a few people were still getting slide bite. Also, the slide release has been reshaped to prevent the same people from bumping it with the palm of the support hand.

There are additional changes to the overall style of the pistol. The frame now has a more defined ridge for indexing the trigger finger and/or to rest the support thumb against while shooting. The front slide profile is reduced to aid in reholstering and the sights are slightly taller to better cowitness when using a red dot.

The biggest change is the redesign of the extractor plunger. It is shorter and no longer comes out the back. This means longer screws can be used to secure a red dot. It also allows for several sets of holes to be drilled to accommodate the RMR, Deltapoint and a few other sights without using an adapter plate.

I've been quite pleased with my MR918 and plan on getting a 920 as soon as they ship.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I handled the 918 at a local shop a few weeks back and fell in love with it. I planned on getting one but will wait until this one releases.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    I handled the 918 at a local shop a few weeks back and fell in love with it. I planned on getting one but will wait until this one releases.
    They should be shipping early February.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://soldiersystems.net/2020/01/20...20-9mm-pistol/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/G5KjrslEwLs

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pricing as per soldier systems say that they start at 799. Is this the same price as the 918?
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Pricing as per soldier systems say that they start at 799. Is this the same price as the 918?
    Pre-order for the 920 Combat is $839 on the Shadow Systems website.

The MR918 Combat is $879 MSRP so the 920 actually appears to be a bit cheaper. But keep in mind you can probably find better prices locally. I paid less than $800 out the door at a local shop when I picked my 918 up last year. Also, I imagine the 918 will come down in price (closeout maybe) now that the 920 has been launched.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’ve really liked my 918 and my only gripe with it is the relatively sharp corners on the front edge of the slide for appendix carry. Looks like they addressed that on the 920. I see the slides are 17-4 SS and I’m guessing have a nitride finish? I didn’t see the literature address finish. I wonder if they could mod mine. I could probably do it at work but I would like them to refinish it anyway. All I can do is ask I suppose. I have no idea if they would be up for it or not.

That said, i like a lot about it and need to spend more time with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/qKAz5s_S-oU

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Additional coverage:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-new-take.html

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast