Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The DR920 full-size should be officially released next week. Shadow Systems had planned on launching it at SHOT and is keeping to that timeline.

I plan on ordering one as soon as they are available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Shadow Systems' website shows Sunday, January 17th as the official release date.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Today's the day. Anyone else plan on tuning in?

https://shadowsystemscorp.com/shot2021/

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Updates?

I went to my LGS today to try to grab a threaded barrel for a G19.4. Well, not so much, only Gen 5 barrels in stock. But they did have the MR920 Combat with a threaded barrel. Got me thinking.

Would y’all MR920 guys choose one over a G19.5 as a daily driver? How about a range gun? Duty gun? RMR, flashlight, Odessa? Do they really share holsters with the Glock?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Updates?
    My sample continues to work as expected. Unfortunately I haven't shot it too much as of late...

John Farnam, Ken Hackathorn and Dan Brokos have endorsed the gun and/or had them in classes and have commented that the guns appear to be a good value. Warrior Poet aka John Lovell has his own version of the 920 as well. Celebrity endorsements mean certain things to certain people but I'm surprised at the endorsements from the number of people for such a small company.

With that said, there was a post on reddit where an owner said he dropped a loaded gun off the top shelf of his gun safe. Supposedly the gun landed muzzle up and discharged a round that nicked the owner in the head. The gun was a stock and unmodified MR920. The post has since been removed. I don't know what happened or why and have seen nothing from Shadow Systems about it. Someone seeking internet attention or an actual event?

Feedback Score
    Updates?

I went to my LGS today to try to grab a threaded barrel for a G19.4. Well, not so much, only Gen 5 barrels in stock. But they did have the MR920 Combat with a threaded barrel. Got me thinking.

Would y’all MR920 guys choose one over a G19.5 as a daily driver? How about a range gun? Duty gun? RMR, flashlight, Odessa? Do they really share holsters with the Glock?
    I have just about every 9mm Glock out there and carried either the 19 or the 45 every day until i got mine. I wouldnt go back to Glock if i had the SS handy. I love my glocks but yes they are that good and understand that i am a Glock guy and only buy Glock handguns. I will now only buy SS. I run mine with an xc1 and a holosun or trijicon rmr. They do fit every 19 sized holster that i own and i have a decent little collection. It just feels much more refined and smoother than stock Glock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Updates?

I sold my G19 and the MR920 is my daily carry, it uses all my G19 holsters (raven, las, tenicor). The convenience of having all the aftermarket stuff done without the downtime is one of the best selling points.
    MR920.jpgMR9201.jpg
    Last edited by MGWS; 02-08-21 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    We sell a decent amount of these with good feedback. The only thing that is stopping me is the lack of an ambi slide stop. If they can incorporate the gen 5 upgrades I’d be all over it.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    We sell a decent amount of these with good feedback. The only thing that is stopping me is the lack of an ambi slide stop. If they can incorporate the gen 5 upgrades I’d be all over it.
    Have you heard anything yet on availability of the DR920?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So, it seems that y’all like these a lot. So far, in the downsides category, I’m seeing 3 things: reddit guy shoots himself, non-ambi features, price.

Of those 3, the only one thats really concerning is drop-safety. Has anyone attempted to reproduce this? I thought these were basically Glocks in the safety mechanisms.

Anything else? Why should I NOT replace my G19 collection with these?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    So, it seems that y’all like these a lot. So far, in the downsides category, I’m seeing 3 things: reddit guy shoots himself, non-ambi features, price.

Of those 3, the only one thats really concerning is drop-safety. Has anyone attempted to reproduce this? I thought these were basically Glocks in the safety mechanisms.

Anything else? Why should I NOT replace my G19 collection with these?
    I can't answer that for you. I have tried a few of the fancy glock clones out there and they didn't do anything for me that a glock didn't do.

Soli Deo Gloria

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast