Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    So, it seems that y’all like these a lot. So far, in the downsides category, I’m seeing 3 things: reddit guy shoots himself, non-ambi features, price.

Of those 3, the only one thats really concerning is drop-safety. Has anyone attempted to reproduce this? I thought these were basically Glocks in the safety mechanisms.

Anything else? Why should I NOT replace my G19 collection with these?
    Here's some info on the trigger SS is using:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I can't answer that for you. I have tried a few of the fancy glock clones out there and they didn't do anything for me that a glock didn't do.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Have you messed with the MR918 or 920?

To me the gun is more of a logical evolution to the Gen 4 rather than an attempt to built a flashy Glock clone. Grip texture is good without being too aggressive, the back strap system is simple and seems more "professional" than Glock's system. The 920 optics cut seems secure. My personal favorite feature is the built-in beavertail on the frame. I get tremendous slide bite from a factory Glock without adding a different back strap.

The 920 could do without the spiral flutes on the barrel and maybe simpler cocking serrations could be used especially if these minor changes lowered the price $50 or so. But otherwise I think everything on the gun makes sense and is well executed.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Have you messed with the MR918 or 920?

To me the gun is more of a logical evolution to the Gen 4 rather than an attempt to built a flashy Glock clone. Grip texture is good without being too aggressive, the back strap system is simple and seems more "professional" than Glock's system. The 920 optics cut seems secure. My personal favorite feature is the built-in beavertail on the frame. I get tremendous slide bite from a factory Glock without adding a different back strap.

The 920 could do without the spiral flutes on the barrel and maybe simpler cocking serrations could be used especially if these minor changes lowered the price $50 or so. But otherwise I think everything on the gun makes sense and is well executed.

No I haven't used this model, but all the things it is improving upon are things that I personally don't have an issue with, outside of having a better optic cut.

I understand why some people love them, but they don't bring much to the table for me.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too was looking at 2 MR920s recently. I am interested because of the ability to have 1911 grip angle, which is my natural point of aim. This was a non issue for me before, but using an RMR it has become more noticeable. I do tend to acquire the dot quick on Glocks, but my concern is the ability to do so under stress.

Things I like about the pistol, everything seems to be made from high quality parts, 17-4 slide, etc. I like how you can bring the red dot low and use standard sights, I absolutely LOVE the frame, it’s the frame that a standard Glock should have at this point. The 2 things that kept me from buying 1 are the reported need for a 200 round break in during an ammo shortage and after examining 2 copies (Elite) in person, the slide seemed to have more side to side play on the frame than any Glock I own. I don’t know how big of a deal that is, I’m not sure if that would effect accuracy, if at all. I haven’t really seen anyone comment on that side to side play, but I decided to pass on buying one because of it.

Personally, I wish Glock would buy Shadow Systems out and make the Gen 6 Glock an ambi version of the MR920 but with Gen5 innards design and without all the Gucci slide cuts (I’m good with the Gen5 slide serrations). That would be my perfect Glock. Glock would also be able to apply the frame & optics cut design to every single one of their pistols, that would be fantastic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, it seems that y’all like these a lot. So far, in the downsides category, I’m seeing 3 things: reddit guy shoots himself, non-ambi features, price.

Of those 3, the only one thats really concerning is drop-safety. Has anyone attempted to reproduce this? I thought these were basically Glocks in the safety mechanisms.

Anything else? Why should I NOT replace my G19 collection with these?
    You decide to give the Shadow Systems a whirl?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You decide to give the Shadow Systems a whirl?

I am, with near certainty, going down that path. Saving up my dinars.

Looking in this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...nce-with-CHPWS

Makes me wonder; has anyone had any optics related issues with the 920? I never heard about mounting problems with MOS until I got one, because I didn’t research it until my RMR bounced off my forehead with quite an energy deposit. It’d be cool to have a gun that has the positives of a G19 and require no aftermarket parts or modifications beyond the optic itself.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-19-21 at 09:24. Reason: Grammar is hard

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It’d be cool to have a gun that has the positives of a G19 and require no aftermarket parts or modifications beyond the optic itself.
    This is probably the most innovative thing about the 920.

As you may already know, the extractor plunger has been deleted and replaced with a vertical pin that sits behind the extractor and spring. With the plunger gone Shadow Systems is able to use screws that go nearly all the way through the slide. Overkill? Probably. No doubt the screws probably don't need to be that long to be durable and secure. Also, Shadow Systems uses a hard plastic spacer depending on the optic to further secure the optic into the slide. I doubt we'll ever see a broken interface. At least not from shooting. A hard drop might do something but anything traumatic enough to break the optic off will probably destroy the optic anyway...

It kind of goes against what Shadow is hyping about their optic cut but I'd like to see them make an adapter plate for the Aimpoint and Holosun enclosed emitter optics. The plate could be machined in such a way to still use the plastic spacer for tight fit and would still have the extra long screws. I think it would be about as secure as anything else out there.

This is all just guessing on my part but I haven't had any issues with my RMR coming loose on my 920.

Down side to the above is that the extractor assembly is no longer as easy to remove from the slide. You'll now have to remove the optic to pull the extractor for detailed cleaning. But how often does that get done anyway?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had the MR920 a little under a year now and agree that if you are going to modify a glock then you're better off buying the MR920. The only thing I didn't like was the trigger which was really heavy. I had an agency trigger/various connectors laying around and ended up using the agency with an apex connector worked the best for me. If I didn't have the extra trigger then a connector change was was all that was needed. This is it's final form and will be my last glock based pistol. The mayhem syndicate barrel/comp works way beyond my expectations.

IMG_1569.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I've had the MR920 a little under a year now and agree that if you are going to modify a glock then you're better off buying the MR920. The only thing I didn't like was the trigger which was really heavy. I had an agency trigger/various connectors laying around and ended up using the agency with an apex connector worked the best for me. If I didn't have the extra trigger then a connector change was was all that was needed. This is it's final form and will be my last glock based pistol. The mayhem syndicate barrel/comp works way beyond my expectations.

IMG_1569.jpg
    That's the Holosun 509? Who's adapter plate are you using and with what screws?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's the Holosun 509? Who's adapter plate are you using and with what screws?

I used the plate and screws that came with the 509. I tried the screws that came with the MR920 thinking I would get greater thread engagement but it did not work. The heads of the screws are different and did not allow the mounting of the optic to the plate. So far no issues with the set up. The 509 does sit higher but I have not noticed any difference it carrying (aiwb) or dot tracking.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast