Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems MR920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I used the plate and screws that came with the 509. I tried the screws that came with the MR920 thinking I would get greater thread engagement but it did not work. The heads of the screws are different and did not allow the mounting of the optic to the plate. So far no issues with the set up. The 509 does sit higher but I have not noticed any difference it carrying (aiwb) or dot tracking.
    Can you still use irons in an emergency? They don't look tall enough.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Can you still use irons in an emergency? They don't look tall enough.

Negative, they are a hair too short although I may switch to some taller irons if the 509 stays on. The one thing that I do not like about the 509 is I felt there was noticeable blurriness/distortion at 25 yards. If it bothers me enough then I'll put on a SRO or 507/508 and the irons will be fine. I'm still playing around with all the red dots on my pistols to see what I prefer. I had the 507 vulcan ACSS on a M&P and it's meh for me so I'll probably sell it or put it on my Sig MPX.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Another vote for the platform. The gun with the small insert duplicates the 1911 angle, and it just comes up for me aligned. They got that part right. Combined with the stippling and decent trigger I'm shooting the thing way more accurately than I ever shot a Glock. Love the factory ameriglo front trit with chartreuse dot around it. My eyes pick it up easily in dim light where the trit is not yet visible.
    Haven't mounted an RMR yet. But this gun really drives nice. Like someone else said it shoots flat and super controllable. Feels very natural to this 1911 guy. They made the right choices in upgrading this piece and it is worth the upcharge from a standard glock (if you value these mods).

If I were a dedicated Glock guy I might feel a bit differently. But this gun solved the grip angle/alignment problem for me with Glocks.

Liked it so much I immediately sold a Gen3 G19 and may actually dump all my G19's. Came across an ad for a used 920 and snapped that one up. Watching for one of the DR920 G17 equivalents - that'll be my next buy.

Not a huge fan of the hole in the slide. Just sort of see that as crap catcher. The used older one I bought does not have that hole.

Anyone seen a DR920 in the wild yet?
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 02-23-21 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post

Anyone seen a DR920 in the wild yet?
    Nope. I've been checking gunstroker and a few other sites almost daily since early Feb. No luck so far.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    There are several at a store local to me. Not all models have the skeletonized slide, but the ones that don’t have gold barrels.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There are several at a store local to me. Not all models have the skeletonized slide, but the ones that don’t have gold barrels.
    DR920? Can you post here or PM me some contact info?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    DR920? Can you post here or PM me some contact info?

Lemme go back there tomorrow or in a few days and make sure I’m not demented. It might have been the MR.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Lemme go back there tomorrow or in a few days and make sure I’m not demented. It might have been the MR.
    Shadow Systems posted on social media that DR series guns were shipping. This was right before the Texas weather. I suppose that caused plenty of delay. Even guns that left the factory probably got held up in FedEx or UPS warehouses around the state.

Anyway, I appreciate your taking the time to check locally. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any problems running OEM Glock Gen5 G19 magazines with or without the magwell or any other OEM Glock magazines with the magwell?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @1168

Any luck getting back to the local shop?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast