Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low budget long range?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Get a Tikka in 6.5M with the heaviest barrel possible
    smooth action, accurate barrel

drop it into a KRG Bravo chassis
    use AICS mags

spend more on a the gun now and don't regret it with a gun you can't upgrade. Bergara makes great barrels, but in the long run the Tikka will be the best bet

still definitely budget for long range

I'm picky on glass, so use what makes you happy but I'd recommend Seekins rings for mounting the optic
    This combination can still be completed pretty cheap with a 10x or 12x SWFA and you would have one badass rig with plenty of upgrade potential if you want to drop some top tier glass on there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the looks of this:

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...ets/26998.html

It comes with the upgraded Magpul stock. It adds some weight but feels better than the factory cheap Ruger stock. AI mag interface and relatively cheap Magpul mags only add to the overall functionality.

I don't have a ton of experience with the American but the few I've shot have been accurate. A little rough in spots but that's probably the nature of the beast given the price.

Another one I have no hands on experience with but would recommend based on Internet reviews and the recommendation of a shooting acquaintance is the Bergra B14:

https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/b14/hmr-rifle/

Is either rifle in your budget?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Tok has you spot on. I don't see any need to buy a rifle you need to upgrade this and that, when you can buy a Beragara, take it home and shoot it , lights out. That gun is complete, just add glass.

It is drilled and tapped for the desirable 8X40 screws, so consider that if you have to buy a base. The gun can be had $950 on Gunbroker, thats ridiculously cheap for a great Hunt Match gun. Ive seen two of these guns shoot sub moa with multiple ammo types and one of them hit the mile target. Other one didn't have opportunity yet.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the Savage 110 in 6.5 Creedmor. Got it at Cabelas in August 2017. Took it home with the best of intentions and excitement over reloading the new caliber. I took it out of the box, put it in the safe and it hasn't come out since. I have a 10 FP in 308, and a 110 in 7MM Rem Mag so I guess I just haven't had a good reason to get around to the 6.5 yet. 2.5 years later Im not even sure it's worth adding yet another caliber to the reloading line up. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey guys, been many years since I've been back here, went total long range, building rifles, and shooting distance. I'm please to see the advice rendered is solid.

These days so so so many rifles out of the box off the shelf are sub 1/2 MOA from the get go.

Starting to,read the tea leaves politically, and realize my m4s, need mods, upgrades. Can't think,of a finer place to seek solutions get answers to my questions. Long range stuff aswell.

Respectfully.
    Dirk Williams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    Get a Tikka in 6.5M with the heaviest barrel possible
    smooth action, accurate barrel

drop it into a KRG Bravo chassis
    use AICS mags

spend more on a the gun now and don't regret it with a gun you can't upgrade. Bergara makes great barrels, but in the long run the Tikka will be the best bet

still definitely budget for long range

I'm picky on glass, so use what makes you happy but I'd recommend Seekins rings for mounting the optic
    I did essentially this. I got a T3X Lite in stainless steel, though. It heats up and strings after around 10 rounds (or 5 if you're sending them fast). But, it weighs like 8.5 to 9lb with an NF ATACR 4-16 on top in some Seekins rings. If I had to do it again, I'd get something with a heavier barrel profile, as 99% of the shots through that rifle will be on a range and not over hill & over dale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    ...Another one I have no hands on experience with but would recommend based on Internet reviews and the recommendation of a shooting acquaintance is the Bergra B14:

https://www.bergara.online/en/rifles/b14/hmr-rifle/
    Or, this. As Pappabear was saying, you can just buy the HMR, add glass, and get to shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://lockedloaded.com/product/tik...lack-stk-blued

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    A little more than your budget but Sportsmans warehouse has the Sako A7 range rifle on sale. 5 shot sub moa garuntee. 308 though.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...rifle/p/p49187

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by non-hallal View Post
    A little more than your budget but Sportsmans warehouse has the Sako A7 range rifle on sale. 5 shot sub moa garuntee. 308 though.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...rifle/p/p49187
    Sako looks cool, but you still need a cheek riser...I do love some Sako, I bought one off Jake on the forum in 300WM

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast