Thread: P320 Nitron 9mm full size

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

P320 Nitron 9mm full size

Guys, what’s the consensus on this?

I put up a carry pistol for sale/trade locally. Intent was to move toward a second PPQ M2, maybe with threaded barrel or the SC. Someone hit me up with a straight trade offer for a like new P320.

Seems like that would be in my favor, but I know nothing about the gun.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's physically large, a bit larger than a Glock 17. Not a fast seller right now. Civilian version of the new military sidearm; they differ in minor details but many parts interchange and the operating system is identical in how it works. Sig had a recall about 18-24 months ago for a fire-on-dropping safety issue, and the new lockwork seems to work fine.

Basically it's a highly functional polymer pistol, with the only special features being (1) similar to new US military pistol, and (2) no trigger-blade safety unlike most competing designs. In Michigan a like-new P320 full size 9mm would probably have a trade value in the ballpark of $400.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thank you, appreciate the info. Simply not familiar with it.

Feedback Score
    I own a Feb. 2017 mfg. P320 full size 9mm with factory night sights and pre-recall trigger. It is one of my favorite polymer framed, striker fired pistols. Mine is very accurate and the build quality on this one is very nice.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interestingly - many/most who own/shoot this gun do NOT describe it pulling low/left like other well known striker fired pistols. I would say mine has a superior trigger to any glock I own or have owned. More accurate as well. Just doesn’t get the good PR. YMMV

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'm no Sig fanboy, but the 320 is a fine pistol and you'd do well to pick one up.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Interestingly - many/most who own/shoot this gun do NOT describe it pulling low/left like other well known striker fired pistols. I would say mine has a superior trigger to any glock I own or have owned. More accurate as well. Just doesn’t get the good PR. YMMV
    geezer john
    I have not found any other pistol to pull low/left. I think that is an operator issue.

I have two P320s, a couple Glocks, and various others. I slightly prefer the P320 over the Glock but I won't claim one is more functional or even more accurate than the other. On the P320, I find the stock trigger fine (post-recall), I really like the absence of a blade safety in the trigger, and I slightly prefer the grip angle although I was always OK with the Glock angle and I find the P320 almost too upright. I also like the serialized steel chassis so you can replace the grip frame for $30 if you damage it.

The only major brand pistols I believe to be inaccurate are the gen1 S&W M&P, by my experience and by reputation, and in my experience only, the Ruger American Pistol.

OP, mags and holsters interchange with the military pistol but the slide and barrel are slightly different. Not sure if any other parts differ.