Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Gas Block on LE6920

Feedback Score
    Never heard of not reusing taper pins. ADCO asked that I send mine in case they needed to be shorted due to how they shape the bottom of the FSB. Never mentioned replacing them.

I have heard somewhere of people worried about the taper pin groove stretching from taking the fsb on and off. I have a rifle that I’ve changed hand guards on a couple times and reused the raper pins. Didn’t notice any problems
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Oddly enough, my Geissele GB has one of the set screws fall into one of the pin slots. I had my gunsmith mill an alignment hole for the other one.

I'd caution against a 15" tube though especially with the retarded 6920 profile. It's probably not a big deal to most but I try to avoid adding more weight to the front of the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    Oddly enough, my Geissele GB has one of the set screws fall into one of the pin slots. I had my gunsmith mill an alignment hole for the other one.

I'd caution against a 15" tube though especially with the retarded 6920 profile. It's probably not a big deal to most but I try to avoid adding more weight to the front of the gun.
    Dumbbells help with your weight issue.

- FISH5742

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH5742 View Post
    Dumbbells help with your weight issue.

- FISH5742
    Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful comment. But imagine if you could be strong and not fight your gear at the same time. Although, I may be assuming that you don't primarily shoot 1 round per second off a bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    I’m sorry wasn’t intending to sound rude. I was just trying to be funny. You are right. There is definitely something to be said about the weight making it harder to drive the gun with control for extended periods. As well as long range unsupported shots.

- FISH5742

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    10 years... @ 5k rounds.
    You need to shoot more frequently, brother!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Don’t we all.

- FISH5742

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The weight removed shaving the FSB will be more than 4-5 inches of BCM added tube.

Feedback Score
    Well, I ended up going with the BCM low pro block. It went well & I don’t mind the exposed groove for the taper pin. Gonna put some perma blue on the old taper pin grooves to protect from rust. I’ll hang on to the FSB & shave it down for another project.

- FISH5742

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    That's just 5k rounds with that particular barrel/gas block combo...it sat in the safe a good portion of those last 10 years due to putting rounds through the company gun instead.
    Last edited by kwb377; 01-22-20 at 21:18.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast