Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aftermarket Gas Block on LE6920

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Never heard of not reusing taper pins. ADCO asked that I send mine in case they needed to be shorted due to how they shape the bottom of the FSB. Never mentioned replacing them.

I have heard somewhere of people worried about the taper pin groove stretching from taking the fsb on and off. I have a rifle that I’ve changed hand guards on a couple times and reused the raper pins. Didn’t notice any problems
    I recently had ADCO work on two uppers for me. I supplied new taper pins, but they reused the old ones.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I recently had ADCO work on two uppers for me. I supplied new taper pins, but they reused the old ones.
    How was the quality of their work? What did you have done if you don’t mind me asking?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    How was the quality of their work? What did you have done if you don’t mind me asking?
    I had them remove/shave FSB and assble everything with a rail. I was happy with their work. It was fairly straightforward, I just didn't have the tools to perform the work myself.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    I know that you didn't direct this towards me but I've had them assemble 2 uppers with low-pro gas blocks and URXs, 1 with a P/W A2X. Both times executed quickly w/o issue. Zero malfs on either gun. They're expensive though with the shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    A word to the wise.....

Buy a BCM BFH 16'' Lightweight Barrel and proceed with your mod.

I would keep your 6920 barrel stock and save for later.
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score

Aftermarket Gas Block on LE6920

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    A word to the wise.....

Buy a BCM BFH 16'' Lightweight Barrel and proceed with your mod.

I would keep your 6920 barrel stock and save for later.
    Already completed the swap. Went with the BCM low pro gas block. It went on just fine. I addressed the issue with the taper pins by applying som perma blue to the taper pin slots to keep them from corroding while under the gas block & under the rail. The BCM set screw dropped right into the rear taper pin slot & looks nice under the rail. I love the new set up & appreciate all the helpful advice on this thread.

Before:

After:
    Last edited by FISH5742; 01-28-20 at 10:24.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123