Thread: Zeroing 300BLK with Subsonic Ammo?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    I'm having some issues zeroing my 300BLK SBR. I have 2k of S&B 200gr subsonics and I can't get the a good zero for my rifle.

Specs:

8" BA Performance 1x7
    1/3 Geissele MRO Mount
    Trijicon MRO

I will never intend to shoot any target beyond 100 yards. Everything will be show between 35-100 yards. With my red dot/mount combo the sight height is measured at 3.07". I just want a zero to reliably hit body mass between 35-100 yards without having to guess holdover.

My ammo's ballistic specs are 854fps, .416 coefficient.
    What do you mean you cant get a good zero? All I can imagine is that you dont see the groups you want to at some distance you are trying to zero at. Confirm and let us know what distance. Have you tried other ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but my S&B subs (dame amno thr OP is using) is leaving yellow particles all in my gun. It creates a horrible mess.

Then it jams up the gun horribly. Failure to feeds, bullets hitting on the feed ramps, won’t grab the next round, etc. same result with several different mags. Gun never has this issue with Barnes 110’s I use for hunting or Remington subs.
    Anyone else experiencing this with S&B?

Attachment 60889
    Pics of malfunction? I would not assume its jamming because its dirty... maybe there is something else going on. Perhaps short stroking.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-16-20 at 21:39.