Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zeroing 300BLK with Subsonic Ammo?

Feedback Score

Zeroing 300BLK with Subsonic Ammo?

I'm having some issues zeroing my 300BLK SBR. I have 2k of S&B 200gr subsonics and I can't get the a good zero for my rifle.

Specs:

8" BA Performance 1x7
    1/3 Geissele MRO Mount
    Trijicon MRO

I will never intend to shoot any target beyond 100 yards. Everything will be show between 35-100 yards. With my red dot/mount combo the sight height is measured at 3.07". I just want a zero to reliably hit body mass between 35-100 yards without having to guess holdover.

My ammo's ballistic specs are 854fps, .416 coefficient.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What zero distance are you using?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t mess with .300 BLK much, so this is just a fun Strelok experiment for me. Plugging in the data you provided, ~75 yd zero is pretty attractive, hitting 4.5” low at 100. What have you tried so far, and what has been the difficulty? Are you sure that projectile has that BC at that velocity?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That BC should read 0.138 @1060 fps with whatever barrel length S&B used. Is this running suppressed or will it in the future? They're gonna drop quick but you should have no issue hitting stuff at 100m when it comes to accuracy.

Found that value (.416 coefficient) on S&B's website. Either wrong or some kind of metric hocus-pocus conversion deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No idea why this double-tapped.
    Last edited by bamashooter; 01-21-20 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    I'm using the same S&B 200gn on a similar setup

8.5" 1:8 KAK
    Griffin Recce 7
    MRO on ADM 1/3 mount

Zeroed at 100 yards on a flat range. It's been a tack driver at anything less than that. I can usually hit a 4" gong wherever I put it <100yrd as long as the nut holding the grip hasn't loosen up

Feedback Score
    Start zeroing at 25yds, and move it back 15 or so yards at a time. Adjust as you move back. Take note of how your groupings are as you move the target back.

If you built your rifle, is it built correctly? (Barrel extension mated correctly to the upper receiver).
    Are you able to shoot tight groups past 25yds? (not trying to be a douche)
    Is your optic mounted correctly? (If the optic has some sort of ring mounted to it, like an Aimpoint PRO, was it/is it leveled)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    ~75 yd zero is pretty attractive
    I want to say AAC's recommended subsonic zero(ammunition not withstanding) was a 35/75 zero... Was good for basically point blank(+-6") out to 125 which is about all subsonics are good for anyway.

Feedback Score
    Not to hijack the thread but my S&B subs (dame amno thr OP is using) is leaving yellow particles all in my gun. It creates a horrible mess.

Then it jams up the gun horribly. Failure to feeds, bullets hitting on the feed ramps, won’t grab the next round, etc. same result with several different mags. Gun never has this issue with Barnes 110’s I use for hunting or Remington subs.
    Anyone else experiencing this with S&B?

Attachment 60889
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmwtrfwler; 02-16-20 at 08:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    unburned powder...

Fairly common with subs.

My handloads do the same thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast