Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zeroing 300BLK with Subsonic Ammo?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle206 View Post
    I'm having some issues zeroing my 300BLK SBR. I have 2k of S&B 200gr subsonics and I can't get the a good zero for my rifle.

Specs:

8" BA Performance 1x7
    1/3 Geissele MRO Mount
    Trijicon MRO

I will never intend to shoot any target beyond 100 yards. Everything will be show between 35-100 yards. With my red dot/mount combo the sight height is measured at 3.07". I just want a zero to reliably hit body mass between 35-100 yards without having to guess holdover.

My ammo's ballistic specs are 854fps, .416 coefficient.
    What do you mean you cant get a good zero? All I can imagine is that you dont see the groups you want to at some distance you are trying to zero at. Confirm and let us know what distance. Have you tried other ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by tmwtrfwler View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but my S&B subs (dame amno thr OP is using) is leaving yellow particles all in my gun. It creates a horrible mess.

Then it jams up the gun horribly. Failure to feeds, bullets hitting on the feed ramps, won’t grab the next round, etc. same result with several different mags. Gun never has this issue with Barnes 110’s I use for hunting or Remington subs.
    Anyone else experiencing this with S&B?

Attachment 60889
    Pics of malfunction? I would not assume its jamming because its dirty... maybe there is something else going on. Perhaps short stroking.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-16-20 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Pics of malfunction? I would not assume its jamming because its dirty... maybe there is something else going on. Perhaps short stroking.
    I don’t think so but never know. It’s never done this before. I’ll be able to shoot Sunday and will try different rounds. Both sub and 110’s. Will report what happens.

Feedback Score
    I spoke with Noveske and they offered the following:
    - Run the gun almost dry. Not dry of course but not soaking either.
    - Try different ammo in the same mags and see if it does the same thing
    - Ammo list provided that they use often and do not have issues with - those were S&B 220's/Hornady 190's/Barnes 110's (which I already use for deer hunting).
    - Try a heavier buffer if these fail - they said they at times have to run H3's at times. All trial and error as the 300 blackout is finicky.

When i was at my LGS i picked up a magpul 300 blackout mag just to try. I also picked up some federal subsonics that were not on their list.

All ammo above failed to function just as the S&B's did with the pmags I have been using. The Barnes functioned fine but it's the only super i was shooting.

I ran a test with the magpul 300 blackout mag and the S&B's ran flawless. Then the rest of the ammo ran flawless too.

The conclusion is the 5.56 pmags are most likely the culprit. I guess I'll run with the 300 blackout mags with this one while shooting subs.

Here is a pic of the malfunction with the 5.56 pmags.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tmwtrfwler; 02-24-20 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    I have ran subs and supers while suppressed during competition.
    I had a double feed problems with all mags until I switched to 300BO mags.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    There is something wrong. I would send it back to Noveske. I have never had an issue with any of my mags and 300 blk.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The rifle has an extractor or/and an ejector issue.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123