Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Noveske quality post ‘13

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    That’s pretty cool.

It’s nice to see people wearing normal clothes and not Vertx over some Salomons
    It's also nice to see your non-typical looking, non SEAL larpers into shooting.

They definitely target the younger 2A crwod in their videos and ads, which I am completely fine with,
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    To me, its like Noveske built a lifestyle AR-15. Its like they are saying, "hey, if your going to own and AR, own a Noveske". They dont push the tactical lifestyle on you or the operator lifestyle like other companies do. They have long haired dudes wearing Vans and women wearing flip flops marketing $2700 AR's.
    They were the tip of the spear for hipster gun enthusiasts. Toss me another IPA will ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Everyone is so concerned with labeling things these days.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Lifestyle aside, what did you find not to be "g2g" about Noveske?
    I had 2 Noveske rifles. Both made while John was at the Helm. One was alright, no issues except a very aggressive use of the welder, and lack of using surefire spacer for the pinned MD, but...the other...

-8moa poi shift with known good can and multiple mounts. Surefire T&Ed and gauged the upper and could not figure out wtf.
    -overgassed to the point of malfunction with a surefire 556-212 using even h3 and blue sprinco
    -feed ramps shaved brass and snagged cartridges multiple times per mag, bending them like bananas.
    - lower was out of spec and would not accept milspec uppers (factory sbr gen 2), DD tried to hand pick me an upper. Gave up after 8 wouldnt fit and they gauged it to be out of spec.

Noveske finally just wrote me a check for that gun and took it back. We cool, but even John era guns had issues, ime

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Had an out of spec lower as well, a Gen 2 chainsaw lower where no upper would fit, sent it in with the Noveske stripped upper I had for it, they replaced it as a matched set. No other issue and it has still been my go to rifle since. Just had the barrel tapered for a Q Cherry Bomb. I would absolutely agree Noveske barrels are/were overgassed, but at least there are more options to remedy that nowadays(not an excuse), I just added a .0625 BRT tube.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I had 2 Noveske rifles. Both made while John was at the Helm. One was alright, no issues except a very aggressive use of the welder, and lack of using surefire spacer for the pinned MD, but...the other...

-8moa poi shift with known good can and multiple mounts. Surefire T&Ed and gauged the upper and could not figure out wtf.
    -overgassed to the point of malfunction with a surefire 556-212 using even h3 and blue sprinco
    -feed ramps shaved brass and snagged cartridges multiple times per mag, bending them like bananas.
    - lower was out of spec and would not accept milspec uppers (factory sbr gen 2), DD tried to hand pick me an upper. Gave up after 8 wouldnt fit and they gauged it to be out of spec.

Noveske finally just wrote me a check for that gun and took it back. We cool, but even John era guns had issues, ime
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. Certainly not a common experience, but I don't think anyone has ever had everything be perfect.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. Certainly not a common experience, but I don't think anyone has ever had everything be perfect.
    Yeah, the only people who have never had a product issue are the ones who never sold anything.

Easy to do from the cheap, consumer only seats.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, the only people who have never had a product issue are the ones who never sold anything.

Easy to do from the cheap, consumer only seats.
    Facts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234