Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Defensive REIN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in my new Rein.
    It seemed like an awesome weapon light until I actually went shooting today.
    After my range session, I was cleaning stuff, and noticed my Rein no longer works, at all. I tried different batteries, its just dead.
    It's about like the rest of my luck...everyone says how great the Rein is...mine couldn't even handle 30rds of 5.56mm.
    I believe the Cloud REIN Lights are OUTSTANDING. I have two of the Cloud REIN lights, and they are better designed, stronger, and provide light that is superior to the Surefire weaponlights.

I had a problem with switch wiring. They immediately sent new switches to me. Their products and Customer Service are excellent! Contact them; I believe they will respond to you in a professional manner.

them, and several Surefires

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Does anyone actually have a REIN 2.0 or are they unobtanium vaporware? I need another weapons light and would like to try one but if they aren't for sale yet I'll have to go a different direction.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Does anyone actually have a REIN 2.0 or are they unobtanium vaporware? I need another weapons light and would like to try one but if they aren't for sale yet I'll have to go a different direction.
    I would hold out. I’ve been so pleased with my OWL, that I want to put the Rein 2.0 on another rifle of mine. I know it doesn’t come close, but if you need a light asap, put on a Streamlight protac hlx. Then when the 2.0 comes in stock, use their trade in program and get $100 for the Streamlight. You’ll only be out $5!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I would hold out. I’ve been so pleased with my OWL, that I want to put the Rein 2.0 on another rifle of mine. I know it doesn’t come close, but if you need a light asap, put on a Streamlight protac hlx. Then when the 2.0 comes in stock, use their trade in program and get $100 for the Streamlight. You’ll only be out $5!
    I have been holding out but I'm going to need another light here pretty damn soon. I have an OWL, it is a good light but a bit heavy. I also have a Modlite OKW and am thinking of pick up PLHv2. I'll probably end up with both.

PLHv2 - 1350 lumens and 54,000 candela
    REIN 2.0 - 1100 lumens and 71,000 candela

I had planned to use their trade in program and have a couple old lights I'll use.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been holding out but I'm going to need another light here pretty damn soon. I have an OWL, it is a good light but a bit heavy. I also have a Modlite OKW and am thinking of pick up PLHv2. I'll probably end up with both.

I had planned to use their trade in program and have a couple old lights I'll use.
    I'm a fan of the Modlites that I own and use - the PLHv2 is a great general purpose head, but I slightly prefer the OKW because of the extra candela... even if it is lower lumen.

One interesting thing that I have noticed between the REIN/OWL and the Modlite PLHv2 and OKW heads is the color of the light as perceived by both the user and the individual caught in the beam: the Modlite heads are much "cooler" in tint, which is more unpleasant than the REIN/OWL when being inside the beam, but I prefer the "warmer" tint of the REIN/OWL when employing the light, as it seems to illuminate whatever is inside the beam in a manner that picks up subtle features better than the cooler Modlites.

More investigation around this phenomenon is needed and it might be partially due to personal preference, but it is soemthing to consider as well...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    I'm a fan of the Modlites that I own and use - the PLHv2 is a great general purpose head, but I slightly prefer the OKW because of the extra candela... even if it is lower lumen.

One interesting thing that I have noticed between the REIN/OWL and the Modlite PLHv2 and OKW heads is the color of the light as perceived by both the user and the individual caught in the beam: the Modlite heads are much "cooler" in tint, which is more unpleasant than the REIN/OWL when being inside the beam, but I prefer the "warmer" tint of the REIN/OWL when employing the light, as it seems to illuminate whatever is inside the beam in a manner that picks up subtle features better than the cooler Modlites.

More investigation around this phenomenon is needed and it might be partially due to personal preference, but it is soemthing to consider as well...
    The warmer tints also seem to punch through fog and smoke better than the cooler ones.

Feedback Score
    I ordered one the day they were released. Received it a week later. Have had it on my rifle for a while now. Love it. Ordered a micro to replace the smaller surefire. Huge improvement in switching and output.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I ordered one the day they were released. Received it a week later. Have had it on my rifle for a while now. Love it. Ordered a micro to replace the smaller surefire. Huge improvement in switching and output.
    Seems like that was the last run they did, been on "backorder" forever.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post

I have an okw, I’ve been able to identify targets out to about 250yds with it. I like it for where I’m at, not urban, but want the plhv2 as well or a rein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Mod lite has a trade in program?
    If so, I looked on their sight but can’t find anything to that extent, can you post the link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast