Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloud Defensive REIN

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm actually going to do just that. First, I'm moving my fullsize modlite OKW. It's just not for me. Second, the plhv2 18350 modlite. I have pretty much all of the switchology options. I plan to keep the REIN micro and run it at 1030, clicky only, so if someone wanted the tapeswitch and had the clicky, I'd do a tail module insert swap, otherwise wait until cloud sells it independently.
    What didn't you like about the OKW- have you been able to compare it to the REIN in terms of the beam? It looks like the REIN has a bit more spill than the OKW, and a similar (perhaps even better) throw.

I'm waiting on a full-size REIN, and if I like it more than the Modlites that I have currently, I'll likely be putting the Modlites up on the EE.

I do think that the only drawback to the REIN on paper is that the tailcaps and switching are proprietary, at least for the moment.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    What didn't you like about the OKW- have you been able to compare it to the REIN in terms of the beam? It looks like the REIN has a bit more spill than the OKW, and a similar (perhaps even better) throw.

I'm waiting on a full-size REIN, and if I like it more than the Modlites that I have currently, I'll likely be putting the Modlites up on the EE.

I do think that the only drawback to the REIN on paper is that the tailcaps and switching are proprietary, at least for the moment.
    The REIN has an excellent switchology. No complaints there from me.

Yes, the OKW throws harder, but tunnels badly vs the plhv2 and especially REIN, due to lack of comparable spill.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    The REIN has an excellent switchology. No complaints there from me.

Yes, the OKW throws harder, but tunnels badly vs the plhv2 and especially REIN, due to lack of comparable spill.
    Interesting, that was my impression of the OKWvs PLHv2 as well when I compared them side to side, and the throw is even more apparent on the OKW, as well as the tunneling effect compared to the PLHv1.

From what you've posted, the REIN is very capable, and I look forward to seeing the differences firsthand.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    Interesting, that was my impression of the OKWvs PLHv2 as well when I compared them side to side, and the throw is even more apparent on the OKW, as well as the tunneling effect compared to the PLHv1.

From what you've posted, the REIN is very capable, and I look forward to seeing the differences firsthand.
    The beam patterns of all are compared at a few distances and should help some folks trying to decide:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Cloud Defensive is also running a 17.76% off sale through the 26th of Jan.

Feedback Score
    Received my FDE REIN today (ordered 01 Oct 20) & battery's currently charging.
    I'll do some comparisons tonight vs OWL & Modlite.

& after waiting 5 freaking months, you'd think I would've at least gotten an extra battery?!
    LOL, nope. Just a coupla stickers. Really, CD? Kinda shittay...
    Damon

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives." -- John Adams

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am really surprised that it took 5 months, I ordered a black one in Nov and had it in early December, and multiple friends have gotten blems less than 2 weeks after ordering. I'm wondering if they had an issue with their anodizer.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I ordered one around the same time. I canceled a few weeks ago. I’m curious how they perform, but I’m pretty happy with my modlite that I bought while waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine just shipped today; ordered 1/22/21

I got the black version, but that clear anodized looks badass

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What can is on that Glock in the last pic?

Quote Originally Posted by dbwebbsr View Post
    Received my FDE REIN today (ordered 01 Oct 20) & battery's currently charging.
    I'll do some comparisons tonight vs OWL & Modlite.

& after waiting 5 freaking months, you'd think I would've at least gotten an extra battery?!
    LOL, nope. Just a coupla stickers. Really, CD? Kinda shittay...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast