Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Defensive REIN

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing. I did not have anything to trade at the time but I was able to get a REIN Micro on sale. I already have the light mounted and just need to mount the switches to the top of the rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeheadAR View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I did not have anything to trade at the time but I was able to get a REIN Micro on sale. I already have the light mounted and just need to mount the switches to the top of the rail.
    I have owned Surefire, Modlites and Cloud Defense Owl and Reins.

I have to say the Cloud Defense is superior for me over those two other brands after thousands of rounds down range. Plus fitment wise the Surefire work great with MAWLs and the CD works great with the NGAL Peq-15 and MAWLs. Modlites work well but they weren’t for me.
    Ar15.com is for teens & liberals
    Calguns.net is for old men & liberals
    👍😂

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm pretty disappointed in my new Rein.
    It seemed like an awesome weapon light until I actually went shooting today.
    After my range session, I was cleaning stuff, and noticed my Rein no longer works, at all. I tried different batteries, its just dead.
    It's about like the rest of my luck...everyone says how great the Rein is...mine couldn't even handle 30rds of 5.56mm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed in my new Rein.
    It seemed like an awesome weapon light until I actually went shooting today.
    After my range session, I was cleaning stuff, and noticed my Rein no longer works, at all. I tried different batteries, its just dead.
    It's about like the rest of my luck...everyone says how great the Rein is...mine couldn't even handle 30rds of 5.56mm.
    They have a fantastic support system for their products. Speak with them, see what they say, and let us know the updates.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cips View Post
    They have a fantastic support system for their products. Speak with them, see what they say, and let us know the updates.
    I took care of it. Yes they are excellent. They emailed me a rma label within an hour of sending them an email, on a Sunday, I might add.
    I removed my Rein, and found what caused the problem.
    It seems, I pinched the cable, between a sharp edge of the rail, and the tape switch body. It was smashed, with a little exposed wire. My theory is recoil caused the rail to cut through the insulation on the cable, resulting in a short.
    Off the weapon, the light works 100%.
    So, I emailed Cloud, and told them its fixed.
    And hit the bare wire with liquid tape.
    Now, I need to do a better job routing the cable.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I took care of it. Yes they are excellent. They emailed me a rma label within an hour of sending them an email, on a Sunday, I might add.
    I removed my Rein, and found what caused the problem.
    It seems, I pinched the cable, between a sharp edge of the rail, and the tape switch body. It was smashed, with a little exposed wire. My theory is recoil caused the rail to cut through the insulation on the cable, resulting in a short.
    Off the weapon, the light works 100%.
    So, I emailed Cloud, and told them its fixed.
    And hit the bare wire with liquid tape.
    Now, I need to do a better job routing the cable.
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. CD has some great customer service. They've been extremely responsive and helpful to any inquiries I've had. I'm excited to check out the new version of the Rein, the handheld, and the pistol light.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. CD has some great customer service. They've been extremely responsive and helpful to any inquiries I've had. I'm excited to check out the new version of the Rein, the handheld, and the pistol light.
    You aren't kidding about the CS! Cloud is awesome!
    I emailed Lee back yesterday, and told him I found, and fixed the issue...the light works, and I'm happy with it...sorry for wasting your time.
    He emailed me back this morning, and told me no worries....there is a brand new switch assembly heading your way.
    If that don't say it all...nothing does!
    I doubt you'll find too many other weapon light companies, who are willing to go the extra mile, like Cloud does.
    I think they just sold a gen 2 Rein, when it drops.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am a little surprised the cable was damaged... It's a thick one and kind of a pain to get situated right because of the size.
    Glad to hear it was figured out.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    To add to Cloud Defensive CS.

I was changing the mount on a couple of my REIN the other day and while messing the the guns I knocked both lights off the workbench. Neither had the tail switch in. Because of this, when they landed the tabs got bent and broken.

I emailed them late Monday night asking to buy replacements. They replied Tuesday asking for my address, and I had both replacements by Wednesday night. I was happy to pay to fix my own stupidity. But they wouldn’t let me.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    To add to Cloud Defensive CS.

I was changing the mount on a couple of my REIN the other day and while messing the the guns I knocked both lights off the workbench. Neither had the tail switch in. Because of this, when they landed the tabs got bent and broken.

I emailed them late Monday night asking to buy replacements. They replied Tuesday asking for my address, and I had both replacements by Wednesday night. I was happy to pay to fix my own stupidity. But they wouldn’t let me.
    I'm seriously thinking of doing a little project.
    I love the tape switch on the Rein! So much, that I'm contemplating retrofitting the extra Rein tape, I now have, to the sf plug on one of my hot buttons. I really prefer the CD switch...it is amazing! And, I'm pretty good with solder, and general fabrication.
    When I'm successful, I may order two more to replace two more hot buttons.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast