Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 40 MOA base SA base, who makes them ?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wonder if we can get a zero with the forty, homie.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Have you looked into NF’s new Wedge Prism? It clips in front of the objective and shifts the image coming into the scope offering an additional 50 or 100 MOA (model dependent). I am sure that I have butchered the description but it seems like a very interesting prospect

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thanks guys. Bought the EDW. Cheap but I don’t think my badger or NF bases work any different than EDW.

PB
    Do the EGW rails have the recoil lug like the NF and Badger?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    Do the EGW rails have the recoil lug like the NF and Badger?
    I own several of both, but don't know what a base recoil lug is.

Gunner, I have looked at the new NF dealio, might buy one too. Going to see how it pans out in the filed with widespread use.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The lug in the base fits at the front of the ejection port as a means to keep it stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I own several of both, but don't know what a base recoil lug is.

Gunner, I have looked at the new NF dealio, might buy one too. Going to see how it pans out in the filed with widespread use.

PB
    There is a milled out area on the underside of the base that the rear of the front receiver ring bears against. It essentially takes the recoil shear forces off of the mounting screws.

It's just something I always look for in a picatinny rail.

Last edited by MontanaMarine; 01-23-20 at 00:22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Have you looked into NF’s new Wedge Prism? It clips in front of the objective and shifts the image coming into the scope offering an additional 50 or 100 MOA (model dependent). I am sure that I have butchered the description but it seems like a very interesting prospect
    I seended those things on the lunatic long range guns. I'm hanging it up and shooting paint ball if it ever comes to that.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    There is a milled out area on the underside of the base that the rear of the front receiver ring bears against. It essentially takes the recoil shear forces off of the mounting screws.

It's just something I always look for in a picatinny rail.

Ive never noticed those things, but if EGW doesn't have it, I doubt I will follow through, don't need a negative variable. Anybody know if they do have it?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Ive never noticed those things, but if EGW doesn't have it, I doubt I will follow through, don't need a negative variable. Anybody know if they do have it?

PB
    They do not. Only the NF and Badger do from my experience. I’m not convinced it is necessary, but peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've got a Seekins rail, it also has the recoil lug. Not sure if they offer a 40 MOA rail, but might be worth a look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast