Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multicam Black: Any use, or just a gimick?

Feedback Score
    pinzgauer - As far as MultiCam Black, I'm not sure if it reduces the near-IR signature. The other pattern descriptions mention that feature, but Black does not

https://multicampattern.com/multicam_patterns/
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

BT APC9 /IWI X95 /AR15 /HK VP9 /HK P2000 /Glock 43 /Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    pinzgauer - As far as MultiCam Black, I'm not sure if it reduces the near-IR signature. The other pattern descriptions mention that feature, but Black does not
    Thanks, and if someone needs MC black I'm glad it's available. Just was scratching my head. I was thinking the commercial (non-mil contract) MC and friends did not have the IR treatment that mil does anyway.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Pondering when/why "Low IR signature" became a realistic LEO need?

Not opposed to them having tools required for the job.

Are criminals with NVG a common thing now outside of cartel situations?

"Boys, better change to the ninja suits before we execute the no knock... This methhead dealer may have lookouts with NVG"

Swatters gonna swat, I guess
    I listed it more as a perk to the pattern itself, rather than for Leo needs. I've never run into a bad guy with NVG yet, but a bad guy with NVG who is on the lookout for a raid is a much worse situation than multicam black can overcome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Pondering when/why "Low IR signature" became a realistic LEO need?

Not opposed to them having tools required for the job.

Are criminals with NVG a common thing now outside of cartel situations?

"Boys, better change to the ninja suits before we execute the no knock... This methhead dealer may have lookouts with NVG"

Swatters gonna swat, I guess
    Probably just the excuse to justify purchase; and the whole "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I think it is cool, I'd put a black MC sling on a black gun over a plain black sling, but I'm not going out of my way to buy a black MC ninja suit.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I think it is cool, I'd put a black MC sling on a black gun over a plain black sling, but I'm not going out of my way to buy a black MC ninja suit.
    That was my plan for using MC black. That and/or a suppressor cover if I ever get the money for a suppressor.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    That was my plan for using MC black. That and/or a suppressor cover if I ever get the money for a suppressor.
    Its great for that. Shirt/pants... nah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Multicam Alpine makes sense. I don't know from experience how effective it actually is compared to blank white or other snow patterns (such as Kryptek Yeti, etc.), but it seems to be functional beyond the cool factor.
    It makes a HUGE difference. Solid white is good for a snow covered mountain with trees,shrubs, brush or anything but snow. In the woods with 12" on snow, the broken pattern with black and brown specs will blend in.

Feedback Score
    I have no doubt this is for a ME client. LOL
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    I will admit I bought a plate carrier and pouches in MCB. Why, because I liked the look and wanted something different. Originally I wanted Kryptek Typhon, but could not get the PC I wanted in that pattern and there are like 3 pouches available in that pattern. Again, why; because I like the look. But I am also the guy who buys 41 Mag over 44 Mag and 221 Fireball over the common calibers and 35 Rem over 30-30, just because I can be different and like all of them.

Originally I was looking at solid black since this rig is planned for SHTF scenarios. Home defense under riot type attacks, invading threats and such; but mostly with the plan to get to safety ASAP, not to stay in a fire fight any longer then needed. If I need to hunt, I'll remove the pouches and wear just the PC under the rest of my hunting camo. For military and security uses I can see where MCB doesn't have much use, I can see it being a choice for LEO's over solid black. For civilians like me it's another option to look cool but different then everyone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123