Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multicam Black: Any use, or just a gimick?

Feedback Score

Multicam Black: Any use, or just a gimick?

I like the way Multicam Black looks, but does it really have any value, beyond looking cool? Aside from being a potential pattern for a SWAT uniform, does it actually really camouflage anything?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    I don't believe it has any value beyond +5 coolness based upon their own description

"The MultiCam Black™ pattern was developed to meet the unique requirements of law enforcement officers operating in high-risk environments. It projects a distinctly authoritative presence appropriate for domestic operations. MultiCam Black™ is designed to complement an officer’s existing equipment and present a sharp, professional image for top-tier law enforcement units."

https://multicampattern.com/multicam_patterns/
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

BT APC9 /IWI X95 /AR15 /HK VP9 /HK P2000 /Glock 43 /Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So unless you need to "project a distinctly authoritative presence" it doesn't really serve much purpose. I do think it looks cool, though.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's a fashion statement, nothing more. It's black SWAT uniforms and gear that sorta goes with any MultiCam gear they may have. Other than trying to look "cool" its garbage. Personally, I'd have loved if half of the companies making MCB made winter appropriate MultiCam Alpine gear instead. I'd kill for an affordable but decent quality set of MC Alpine over whites.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    I went to the web page, I was impressed by the arid pattern, the black not at all.
    Last edited by yoni; 01-22-20 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I can say that it hides the presence of MOLLE better than solid colors. From a distance, it looks like plain black, so you have to decide if that works for you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would much rather see the Alpine also, is black even a color that very many PD's prefer today?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I have heard that the MultiCam Black works very well in the IR spectrum compared to solid black.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I would wear it in the bedroom.... Sneak up on the wife.....

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best hope for the thread is to keep it about the function and effectiveness of the pattern itself, and not about the people wearing it.

Several have complained recently about signal:noise eroding, and some removed posts above are good examples of how that starts. Just sayin.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast