Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Multicam Black: Any use, or just a gimick?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    pinzgauer - As far as MultiCam Black, I'm not sure if it reduces the near-IR signature. The other pattern descriptions mention that feature, but Black does not

    https://multicampattern.com/multicam_patterns/
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

    BT APC9 /IWI X95 /AR15 /HK VP9 /HK P2000 /Glock 43 /Walther "HK" MP5 A5

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,602
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dushan View Post
    pinzgauer - As far as MultiCam Black, I'm not sure if it reduces the near-IR signature. The other pattern descriptions mention that feature, but Black does not
    Thanks, and if someone needs MC black I'm glad it's available. Just was scratching my head. I was thinking the commercial (non-mil contract) MC and friends did not have the IR treatment that mil does anyway.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,244
    Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Pondering when/why "Low IR signature" became a realistic LEO need?

    Not opposed to them having tools required for the job.

    Are criminals with NVG a common thing now outside of cartel situations?

    "Boys, better change to the ninja suits before we execute the no knock... This methhead dealer may have lookouts with NVG"

    Swatters gonna swat, I guess
    I listed it more as a perk to the pattern itself, rather than for Leo needs. I've never run into a bad guy with NVG yet, but a bad guy with NVG who is on the lookout for a raid is a much worse situation than multicam black can overcome.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not in a gun friendly state
    Posts
    2,293
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Pondering when/why "Low IR signature" became a realistic LEO need?

    Not opposed to them having tools required for the job.

    Are criminals with NVG a common thing now outside of cartel situations?

    "Boys, better change to the ninja suits before we execute the no knock... This methhead dealer may have lookouts with NVG"

    Swatters gonna swat, I guess
    Probably just the excuse to justify purchase; and the whole "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,567
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I think it is cool, I'd put a black MC sling on a black gun over a plain black sling, but I'm not going out of my way to buy a black MC ninja suit.
    The simple fact of the matter is this, America has never not been great.
    - Mark Robinson

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not in a gun friendly state
    Posts
    2,293
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I think it is cool, I'd put a black MC sling on a black gun over a plain black sling, but I'm not going out of my way to buy a black MC ninja suit.
    That was my plan for using MC black. That and/or a suppressor cover if I ever get the money for a suppressor.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    6,371
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    That was my plan for using MC black. That and/or a suppressor cover if I ever get the money for a suppressor.
    Its great for that. Shirt/pants... nah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •