Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multicam Black: Any use, or just a gimick?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What use is the pattern other than at night or inside a dark building? I mean really a dark black is usually the worst color for daytime camo.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    What use is the pattern other than at night or inside a dark building? I mean really a dark black is usually the worst color for daytime camo.
    That's what I was figuring. It looks badass, but even for SWAT teams, it's probably nothing more than novelty. I mean, though camo patterns aren't as needed for police tactical units as for military units, there still seems to be a move away from the all black and navy blue tactical uniforms towards OD green, Multicam, and FDE uniforms. So, I guess there's something to be said about the lack of effectiveness of black/mostly black uniforms even among police units.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    That's what I was figuring. It looks badass, but even for SWAT teams, it's probably nothing more than novelty. I mean, though camo patterns aren't as needed for police tactical units as for military units, there still seems to be a move away from the all black and navy blue tactical uniforms towards OD green, Multicam, and FDE uniforms. So, I guess there's something to be said about the lack of effectiveness of black/mostly black uniforms even among police units.
    Forgive me for digressing, slightly, but ...

I remember seeing these pics when the Jersey City shooting happened and thought to myself, “now there’s the definitive answer to the ‘what’s the best urban camo?’ question.”

Last edited by Buncheong; 01-22-20 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It does fine for a purely aesthetic Camo pattern.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    It's a uniform pattern, not in use by military units, specifically made for LE, low IR signature, blends well at night, etc. Is it good for hunting or military operations? Probably not. Does it make a cool SWAT uniform? Yes. Does OD green or gray work just as well? Ya, probably.

Feedback Score
    Similar to US Navy’s Blueberry pattern, Multicam Black struck me as an effective way to camouflage wear and grime. It also may end up looking more uniform, especially compared to 5.11 cotton gear, which fades faster than a boy band.

New Germany. The clowniest police uniforms in the country seem to be owned by the Garden State.

26820993-2EDB-425F-9B5D-CFAEEDA7C606.jpg

F24AE8E1-C3DA-4151-AF00-8824A4633781.jpg

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like it. It's hip Multicam - but for cops. It says "Look - I'm cool like the SF guys - but not AS cool." I'm not kicking in doors (anymore) but I like it. It's Gucci enough for me, I don't need to buy Crye.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Multicam white is something we don't see very often, actually snow camo anything is unusual as compared to flora/fauna type.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Multicam white is something we don't see very often, actually snow camo anything is unusual as compared to flora/fauna type.
    Multicam Alpine makes sense. I don't know from experience how effective it actually is compared to blank white or other snow patterns (such as Kryptek Yeti, etc.), but it seems to be functional beyond the cool factor.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    It's a uniform pattern, not in use by military units, specifically made for LE, low IR signature, blends well at night, etc. Is it good for hunting or military operations? Probably not.
    Pondering when/why "Low IR signature" became a realistic LEO need?

Not opposed to them having tools required for the job.

Are criminals with NVG a common thing now outside of cartel situations?

"Boys, better change to the ninja suits before we execute the no knock... This methhead dealer may have lookouts with NVG"

Swatters gonna swat, I guess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast