Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brass to face.... with HK USP? *With pics*

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    So the gun shoots great. I got the sites on and was blasting head shots at 25y.

Still does BTF though. Tried my best to get it on video. Happens with 1 or 2 rounds left in the magazine. Would upload the video but don’t want you all scaring you with my face

ETA: my elbow is down

Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-25-20 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you changed or compared mag springs? Maybe try a new mag?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    So the gun shoots great. I got the sites on and was blasting head shots at 25y.

Still does BTF though. Tried my best to get it on video. Happens with 1 or 2 rounds left in the magazine. Would upload the video but don’t want you all scaring you with my face

Still saw the edge... ewe.

The “2-3 rounds left” sounds more like the extractor. Seems like when its unsupported (lower spring tension), its not maintaining control of the case.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-24-20 at 21:37.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    HK CS is definitely GTG.

Yeah, there is just something about HKs...there are other pistols out there that may be more modern and do the same job but the HKs just do it nicely...hard for me to explain. They also multiply, which is an amazing feat...LOL

Will do. But I foresee large expenditures in my future lol
    Definitely something fishy going on based on the photos. I suspect HK will take care of you and get you running without BTF.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 01-25-20 at 06:38.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    This really sounds like a spring issue. Either the magazine spring, or the extractor spring. Either way, if you are buying a hammer fired DA/SA pistol, especially an older one, you should really just replace all of the springs when you start fresh. You just have no idea how old the springs in question are, or how many cycles they have seen / rounds they have been exposed to. Hammer fired pistols are way more picky about their springs than Glocks. Which is another reason why I love my Glocks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    This really sounds like a spring issue. Either the magazine spring, or the extractor spring. Either way, if you are buying a hammer fired DA/SA pistol, especially an older one, you should really just replace all of the springs when you start fresh. You just have no idea how old the springs in question are, or how many cycles they have seen / rounds they have been exposed to. Hammer fired pistols are way more picky about their springs than Glocks. Which is another reason why I love my Glocks.
    I read this and thought "This sounds reasonable"

Then I saw who wrote it.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    So HK has had my pistol for about 2 weeks now. How long would you guys wait before contacting them for an update?

My understanding was that HK was pretty quick but I’m not sure if that’s 1 week quick or 1 month quick.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It was just under one month for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From what I remember on the HK forum, 1 month quick. I don’t think it would hurt to get in touch with them this coming week jsut to touch base.

So HK has had my pistol for about 2 weeks now. How long would you guys wait before contacting them for an update?

My understanding was that HK was pretty quick but I’m not sure if that’s 1 week quick or 1 month quick.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    I’ll try to get a video of it.
    +1 Always do this. It eliminates the we couldn't duplicate the problem excuse. Back in the late '90's I sent my USP40 back to H&K because it was failing to feed, stove piping spent cases & complete cartridges and failing to eject. The first two trips back they said that they couldn't duplicate the problems. However, they were kind enough to send me two free 13rd mags. Keep in mind that was back during the AWB. The new mags didn't resolve the issues, so I sent it back again. This time they replaced the guild rod and recoil spring with a captured recoil spring assembly. Problems solved.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast