Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brass to face.... with HK USP? *With pics*

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    A- Contact H&K.
    B- They're $40 a magazine, yes, but your grandchildren will probably still be able to use them.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Ive emailed HK USA and included the issue and my serial number. I will update the thread with their reply.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Didn't figure you for HK, or anything other than a G19!

Wish I could help but that's the first time I'm hearing of this issue. Had several different USPs. Still have a 9 and two 45s, have never had BTF happen.

Yea mags are a bit pricey. You can find them slightly under $40

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

I’m unsure where to get legitimate HK parts (it is a full size USP 9mm)

I’m unsure exactly what parts you are talking about.

I have no idea how to install them (see second sentence.) although I do see the roll pins in the slide.

This pistol, I’m guessing, is from the mid/late 90s. No idea of round count.
    The first two questions were addressed. HK Parts is the place. The advice re: extractor & ejector is spot on. The extractor is spring loaded, and will gum up. If you don't fully extract, ejection gets compromised. If I am remembering correctly, the ejector on the USP, like on the P-series SIGs, is just an angled slab of metal that the extracted case bangs into on its way out. These can gunk up, but I'd definitely start with springs. Honestly, get a full spring kit and replace everything just to start fresh and eliminate variables.

As for the rest: give your balls a tug. I tore a Sig P-series down to the frame on three separate occasions with nothing more than some forum posts and a couple of youtube videos. It's 2020. Get a vise & punch set and get after it. The same confidence led me to rebuild an FN HP from the ground up. They really aren't that bad once you get into them.

OR: Just buy a P30 and move on with your life.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Brass to face.... with HK USP?

Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    The first two questions were addressed. HK Parts is the place. The advice re: extractor & ejector is spot on. The extractor is spring loaded, and will gum up. If you don't fully extract, ejection gets compromised. If I am remembering correctly, the ejector on the USP, like on the P-series SIGs, is just an angled slab of metal that the extracted case bangs into on its way out. These can gunk up, but I'd definitely start with springs. Honestly, get a full spring kit and replace everything just to start fresh and eliminate variables.

As for the rest: give your balls a tug. I tore a Sig P-series down to the frame on three separate occasions with nothing more than some forum posts and a couple of youtube videos. It's 2020. Get a vise & punch set and get after it. The same confidence led me to rebuild an FN HP from the ground up. They really aren't that bad once you get into them.

OR: Just buy a P30 and move on with your life.
    I wish we had a post like function. Also, VP9/p30 mags are now 17rd capacity.

For reference sake on the extractor

https://youtu.be/dLRCPwlv0So

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-22-20 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Euro driver
    Before you order parts from HKParts.net, call HKUSA first, if they have the parts, they’ll be about 5 times cheaper than HKParts.net, Always call HKUSA first, if they don’t have what you want, THEN call HK Parts.net.. HK Parts.net is always overpriced, often by a bunch. I have 5 HK’s and do my own work on them, So, I’ve delt with both before. I always go to HKUSA first..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Euro driver
    Before you order parts from HKParts.net, call HKUSA first, if they have the parts, they’ll be about 5 times cheaper than HKParts.net, Always call HKUSA first, if they don’t have what you want, THEN call HK Parts.net.. HK Parts.net is always overpriced, often by a bunch. I have 5 HK’s and do my own work on them, So, I’ve delt with both before. I always go to HKUSA first..
    I fully second this!
    Only order from HK Parts if HK USA does not have what you need.

Midwest Gun Works is another option along with HK Parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Is this common? Any fixes?
    Rather uncommon, to the level I never heard about that in USP.

As to fixes, I would start by removing extractor (drive a pin out, remove extractor and spring, clean them , clean exctractor slot) and looking if ejector is not bend out of shape (even slightly! - this changes ejection pattern significantly). Also there maybe ammo issue if used ammo is not hot enought to push recoil system all the way trough both springs. Whole recoil assembly must move backward (against this small, but hard spring) to make case actually meet ejection in right time.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Real men headbutt the incoming brass and move on.

Here is an alternative idea: sell this gun, get another. Reason: this is really an unheard of problem in USPs. I never have, others in this post too, and I honestly don't think you'll find a person who have. Something is really wrong with this unit, and I dunno if gunked up extractor is enough reason. If this idea doesn't appeal, I'd just send the piece to HK for a complete inspection. This though would carry a risk of paying the shipping fees for a professional gun cleaning service.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    HK Parts is the place.
    I disagree with this. Use Midwest Gun Works. I only use HKparts.net for some 21E or 23E parts if they can't be found at Midwest or RTG. Pistol parts come from Midwest.
    Last edited by 6933; 01-23-20 at 11:40.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast