I recently got a Tokarev pistol for target/fun Shooting and so far I like it. It is a neat litte pistol that shoots really well with FMJ rounds.

I am fully aware that little 7,62 round is normaly not considered a decent self defense caliber and that are better rounds out there. Point taken I am going to argue about it.

But for now the Tokarev is the only pistol I have. Going to get another 223 rem rifle again. Had to sell my old old one years ago.

As far as I know there are some 7,62 tokarev soft Point or JHP rounds available. Do you guys have any experience with them? Are they likely to expand or Fragment when hitting something, or woud they act like plain FMJ bullets and it would be a waste of Money to get them?

I know this not a very common round for tactical applications these days, and so the possibilty that lots of People know about that is rather slim.

But Maybe I am lucky and somebody knows something.

And please no replies like get another gun with a bigger caliber.I am fully aware of the lmitations of the small 7,62mm.

I am only curious if Looking for expanding type bullet would increase the effectiveness of this small round or not..

thanks for the help in Advance.