Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cans for pistols advice, etc

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Guys.

Pistol cans have a purpose. Holsters for suppressed pistols exist.

Quit being cheap.

https://i.imgur.com/CKF6tQz.mp4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Guys.

Pistol cans have a purpose. Holsters for suppressed pistols exist.

Quit being cheap.

https://i.imgur.com/CKF6tQz.mp4
    Nothing to do with being cheap and I gave several purposes in my post. I don’t use it for home defense and I don’t have a range where I need to be quiet so why would I buy the holster.
    If you do use it for home defense, have a range with neighbors to keep happy, are high speed enough to use a suppressed pistol for work or pistol hunt then go for it.
    Everyone has to evaluate what their plans are, for me it wasn’t worth it.

There are a lot of people who say suppressors are pointless to make themselves feel good because they can’t afford them or buy them where they live. That’s not applicable here.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 01-27-20 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The important thing is to define what your application is, what's the reason for using a can on a pistol. If you have a reason that justifies the cost for you, then get one. If you don't, don't. It's not about being cheap, it's about real world usage and shooting and what your applications are.

For me, the logic of running a can on a pistol doesn't work. The *only* "serious use" case I'd have for a can on a pistol is home defense: period. I wouldn't carry it. Sure you CAN carry it, but no way I'd ever carry that long awkward setup in the real world. Hunting and range fun are nice, but for me, I wouldn't bother with a can just for that. If I was hunting with a can, I'd want it on a rifle or at least an AR pistol. So a pistol with a can would be a niche option for home defense only, in my case.

And what about home defense? Well again, logic kicks in. Inside my home, I'm less restricted to what I use, given that it doesn't have to be as portable or concealable. In that case, in the house, I'd rather run a rifle or an AR pistol, vs a pistol with a can. Higher capacity, better accuracy, better reliability (when compared to a pistol running a can).

So yeah, there are use cases where the can on a pistol makes sense, but none of those are things I'm interested in. Rifle or rifle + can for home defense. Regular non-silenced pistols for CCW.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Knew I had a pic somewhere.

Suppressor. Can.

There’s a place for it. Forgive the poor quality. It’s a screenshot from a video.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-03-20 at 07:21.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yep, you go out and shoot it once in blue moon, no holster, no drawing and firing. Its goofy unless you are an assassin.

They are good on my MPX and MP5, I have two AAC 45, 9. The 9 is the newer modular one. Very nice can. Some people love shooting handguns with cans so YMMV.

PB
    I pretty much agree with this. I have a Griffin Rev 9. I always run it in k configuration because the decibel difference is not noticeable to my ear, but the size difference is. 90% of the time it lives on my ar9 , very rarely shoot it on a pistol.

Sure, it's fun on a pistol, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a hand gun in my opinion (being small and concealable).

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123