Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cans for pistols advice, etc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Dead Air Ghost45. It is almost like 2 suppressors in one as you can run it short or long. I really like it because I can run it on my 45’s and below and tune it for my needs with length. It was really versatile when one could buy wipes for it and replace them yourself. AFT ruled wipes as suppressor parts and have to be installed by an FFL now. Stupid, just stupid.
    You can replace the wipe as long as you destroy the old one first. You cant store spares.

The griffin rev 9 in k config is right at the sweet spot for noise/length/weight. Anything similar size should be the same. Rev9k can go shorter since its higher volume (more baffles too).

Id stay away from sub 5” 1.3” cans as all the tests ive seen were substantially louder.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lol at spares......

PSA but you guys can buy the same wipe material from McMaster Carr and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Lol at spares......

PSA but you guys can buy the same wipe material from McMaster Carr and such.

Yup. Near the bottom under “wipes” heading. You will have to the right cutting tool for your diameter silencer.
    https://energeticarms.com/vox-centerfire-silencer/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yup. Near the bottom under “wipes” heading. You will have to the right cutting tool for your diameter silencer.
    https://energeticarms.com/vox-centerfire-silencer/
    Good to know, either I was misinformed from what I read on the Deadair site a while ago or ATF has relaxed some on it. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Buy a can for your specific purpose. Don’t be a poor and get a “45 can to do it all”. 9mm with 147gr ammo and a 9mm can is quieter than 45 with any ammo and can combo. It’s also quieter than 9mm with a 45 can. More importantly, it’s noticeably quieter.

My suggestion is a SilencerCo Octane 9 on a host with a red dot. Dedicate it to 147gr ammo and suppressed so that your POI isn’t all over the place and you’re not making a ton of noise. You will scare yourself with how quiet and accurate it is.

Also, my man, you’ve been in FL for like >5 years now. Stop saying “now that I live where it’s legal”. Nobody likes a transplant who constantly reminds everyone they are from “up north”...

Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've had a Surefire Ryder 9ti since they first came out.

Honestly, cans on handguns are useless bullshit.
    Lol this guy is wrong.

Crye gunclips and other holsters have made having a suppressed handgun more than palatable. Why bother with NODs if you have to make a bunch of noise? Id argue that cans on rifles are useless bullshit. 140dB vs 155dB? It’s like spending $1,000 to make your jet engine as quiet as a jackhammer.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-25-20 at 15:21.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Cans for pistols advice, etc

You understand there are greater advantages to cans than just decibel reduction yes?

Insofar as rifle cans are concerned atleast

Feedback Score
    Establish a good reason first. Then it will be worth the money / hassle.

I've tried to convince myself I want / need a can on a pistol but, I can't. (Or rifle for that matter)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've had a Surefire Ryder 9ti since they first came out.

Honestly, cans on handguns are useless bullshit.
    Yep, you go out and shoot it once in blue moon, no holster, no drawing and firing. Its goofy unless you are an assassin.

They are good on my MPX and MP5, I have two AAC 45, 9. The 9 is the newer modular one. Very nice can. Some people love shooting handguns with cans so YMMV.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-25-20 at 17:05.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My full size pistol suppressor ended up being dedicated to a 9mm AR SBR because I never shot it on a pistol anymore. I do have a micro pistol suppressor that I keep on my bedside gun. Definitely not as quiet as a full size, but it does tame the bark. I had a buddy make a kydex holster that will work with the micro attached to the pistol (or just the pistol minus suppressor). The micro has a definite purpose, and gets used on my pistol. The full size on a pistol “funness” wore off pretty quickly for reasons mentioned above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ll echo a few other comments. I bought a .45 cal pistol can, .30 rifle can and .22 can all at the same time a few years back.
    The .22 and .30 cal rifle I would do again in a heart beat. The .45 I wouldn’t unless I had a few PCCs to run it on.
    The .22 can is great, wish I would have bought 2 or 3. The .30 cal makes a SBR 5.56 a joy.

The .45/9mm can just doesn’t have a role for me on a pistol. It’s still to loud to shoot at my current house where the .22 is quieter than most air guns.
    My house has been broken into and my bedside gun stolen, and IMO quick access safes are to keep kids out, not criminals. I don’t want to deal with a stolen suppressor for cost reasons mainly.
    Most pistols are so front heavy with a full size suppressor they are unwieldy, usually need a sight change for either higher sights or to adjust POI, and can’t be holstered so they’re just range toys for me. Love to let other people try them out and they’re fun toys, but just toys for me personally.
    A micro suppressor might fix the balance but still the other issues exist for me personally.

If you have a range with neighbors, or are OK with your investment possibly being stolen, then go for it. Mine lives on a 9mm AR now and I’m happy.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 01-26-20 at 14:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast