Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Update My Gun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If I were you I would buy a Geisselle rail and a Arisaka finger stop. And buy a Arisake light mount. And be done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially detachable rail panels. Spend the $ on ammo and quality training.

Feedback Score
    I think you would really be impressed if you could upgrade your carbine and shave some weight in the process.
    Try and aero precision 12” mlok
    Atlas s one and an aero precision ultra light scope mount,then add a magpul ctr stock.
    Whatever you do,weigh it before and after your modifications,lighter perceived weight is going to be your biggest appreciable difference,in my experience

Feedback Score
    Try a primary arms cyclops love mine,and very lightweight!!!

Feedback Score
    There is nothing you have to change especially if the gun isn't your primary. I am assuming the sbr's are as they have lights.

If you did want to change some things up

Trigger- larue mbt2

Muzzle device- forward controls design 6315. I don't like brakes like you currently have. This is nice ss it is basically a flash hider/comp without any extra blast. More expensive than a flash hider though

Rail- the larue and Centurion rails are really nice. I standardized on mlock for compatibility

You could keep the scope or upgrade. The Burris rt6 is nice if you want more mag and don't want to break the bank. I honestly don't like the mount you have, I would def upgrade that to a American defense, Midwest, or larue

Feedback Score
    Wow guys, lots of great suggestions and information here. Thanks! Tonight I was able to swap about the Rock River comp to a regular old A2.

As for the rail, I was hoping to switch to MLOK for the ability to add the VFG or handstop and also to be able to put a QD socket on the side that I can move around to different points to see which position I like better. I know I can add the little extra rail sections, but that adds a little more weight and I also think the MLOK attachments look a little cleaner than the rail style attachment accessories.

Most of my shooting is from the bench with the second most common being offhand. I don't have access to a range where I can shoot prone or use barricades.

The stock I might look into changing over to the MOE SL, but I will do some looking around first. I'm not unhappy with what I have, just didn't know if there were better options. Having the ability to attach a QD socket or having an integrated QD socket would be nice though. I have the MOE SL K stock on both of my SBRs and I have QD socket attachments on both of those. I haven't looked at the regular SL version though.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Wow guys, lots of great suggestions and information here. Thanks! Tonight I was able to swap about the Rock River comp to a regular old A2.

As for the rail, I was hoping to switch to MLOK for the ability to add the VFG or handstop and also to be able to put a QD socket on the side that I can move around to different points to see which position I like better. I know I can add the little extra rail sections, but that adds a little more weight and I also think the MLOK attachments look a little cleaner than the rail style attachment accessories.

Most of my shooting is from the bench with the second most common being offhand. I don't have access to a range where I can shoot prone or use barricades.

The stock I might look into changing over to the MOE SL, but I will do some looking around first. I'm not unhappy with what I have, just didn't know if there were better options. Having the ability to attach a QD socket or having an integrated QD socket would be nice though. I have the MOE SL K stock on both of my SBRs and I have QD socket attachments on both of those. I haven't looked at the regular SL version though.
    Geissele or BCM for rails, depending on budget. Pull the trigger one of those before someone talks you into an inferior rail system!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m going to say that 26 Inf probably gave you the best suggestions. And he actually read your whole post.

Were I to add anything... I dunno, I’ve come to really like the Magpul K2 grip and the SL-S stock. That said, what you have is fine, but both those pieces of furniture would feel a little different from what you have.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    OK, I guess one suggestion would be a suppressor, unless that is too wild...

Other than that, it really comes back to how much you want to spend and your goal. If you wanted to try something new, maybe a 1-6x optic? Like a Vortex PST 1-6x maybe? I found that though much heavier, it is nicer than the PST 1-4x.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 01-23-20 at 21:10.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast